“Entertaining location.”

Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Ranked #188 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Free brek in the courtyard with lions fountain! Comfy, warm room, fun cable channels. Very convenient corner with buses going up Beverly and across Fairfax, gets you easily to all the good sites plus Greyhound. Walkable to Tar Pits, LACMA, Farmers, big 99c store and much more. Real fun to go down to the garage and admire all the car paint stripes on the pillars and walls and dents. Who needs a car, the bus is right outside. Near tacos, gas station food, and food strip mall including Subway. Check out the Raoul Wallenberg memorial on the corner at Bev and Fairfax!

Room Tip: If you'd like to expose yourself on national television, pick a front room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KillerRabbit
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Los Angeles

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel isn't in B.Hills.It's near to CBS,Microwave & Fridge,our room was renovated and very small,the hallway still dirty. . Can hear noisy running water when others turn on their taps for shower . Walls are thin so can hear people talking and opening or closing doors.A few underground parking for SMALL cars.I would rate the security at the hotel as non existent. They keep the exterior doors wide open most of the time. Anyone could walk into the hotel at anytime, unnoticed.I saw junkies hanging out at lobby.Sorry not my type of place to stay with my kids.
Girl in the lobby was really helpful,one of the two girls who work on this location.Salvadorian Girl.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz C
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Pro:
Position near Hollywood Blv.
Quite clean.

Con:
Room was very narrow while the bathroom was ok.
Carpet in common space are quite old and it seems they are not so clean.
The breakfast was very poor and THERE WAS NO PLACE to sit down for eating. The food was served in the lobby and there were two tables to sit down only in an internal patio. In the winter, in the morning, the patio is very cold and it is not possible to eat relaxed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roberto P
Reviewed 10 January 2014

All in all the stay we had was OK. The hotel is old and doesn't feel looked after. Room was small and bathroom not very nice. We put our car in the garage the first day but it was so hard not to scratch it we didn't bother a second time (we parked on road nearby). Breakfast is very basic - coffee, toast, bagels, stop, served in reception and can only be eaten on tables outside.
I think it was overpriced and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This small motel with small rooms is big when it comes to location, cleanliness, decor and staff. It has been here for decades, but in its current characterization, it feels very modern. And safe. Even the unsecured underground garage feels safe, but I wouldn't want to try to get a large vehicle down there! This was our first stay, but it certainly will not be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The room was very small, but had all the amenities we needed. The price was right, and the location was convenient for our needs. Parking is underground and a little tricky to get into but OK.

The biggest issue is the practice of the hotel to take a photocopy of your driver's license and credit card. They claim to need this for the "Police, if they want to find out if someone stayed there" and they assured me I could get the paper copy back on checkout. Not true as they refused to give it to me citing that the Police want them to keep the record even though I complained vigorously. They finally gave me the credit card image, but would not part with the driver's license image.

I have made the main office of Rodeway Inns aware of this, but if anyone reading this is as worried as I am about personal identity theft, you should STAY AWAY from this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not close to the designated smoking nook on the second floor. People smoke, d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I give this hotel only 4 stars because of the underground garage and the size of the room. I was actually impressed by the room itself. From the outside as I was driving up it didn't look that nice. I drove into the underground parking garage which is way too small to be considered a parking garage. I went inside to the lobby to check-in but the door was locked and there was no one at the window. I waited about 10 minutes and still no one showed up. It would've been nice to have a bell or something at the window to alert them when a customer is there waiting. We left and decided to drive around for something to eat and come back later. Trying to get out of the parking garage was scary. I own a nissan altima and if you have a car or truck bigger than that don't even think about parking in the garage because you may not come out without some scrapes. I was lucky but decided to park in the back when I returned which wasn't much better because there's a sign that says parking was only for the customers of the building next door. As for the room itself, I was more than satisfied. I will admit that I did look for stuff to write and complain about and I couldn't find anything. The room was tiny but my son and I enjoyed the cable on the flat screen tv and the free wi-fi. The covers and pillows were all clean and so was the bathroom. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy. We stayed two nights. We were able to walk over to the park across the street for the Run For Her Ovarian cancer walk event on Sunday. It only took about 10 minutes which included waiting at the crosswalk. We didn't get up in time for the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The walls are thin but what do you expect from a hotel right next to a busy road like Beverly Blvd. We had a room facing the alley. The a/c was loud too but I didn't mind because the sound drowned out the outside noise and helped put me to sleep. The a/c worked well in fact a little too well because when we returned later that night the room was freezing. I would suggest they get bigger towels and more than one wash cloth per person. Yes I would recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again if I need to. It's across the street from Pan Pacific park and CBS studios. The Grove is in walking distance and the Beverly Center is about 1 1/2 miles down the street also.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family