“Great Place To Stay”
Review of The Carlyle Inn

The Carlyle Inn
Ranked #37 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My daughter and I were only in LA for a day, and chose this Best Western for its location. For the price, I was very impressed and I've stayed at a LOT of top hotels and five star resorts. The beds were very comfortable and for a small hotel I loved that they had simple amenities that I appreciate. Like bathrobes, TWO suitcase folding holders, a large closet, a mini fridge, complimentary full breakfast and parking. The room was very clean, the front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. If you go there expecting five star resort service, you won't get that, but you get fabulous service for the price and the hotel chain that it is. The last Best Western I stayed at in L.A. was awful and I swore I'd never go back to another Best Western. This goes to show you that they're not all alike, and I encourage the everyday traveler to try this location. Our room did face Robertson, so we got a bit of street noise, but nothing that was unbearable. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you want no street noise, suggest a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Denise W, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear ManoloFan,

It is our goal for all of our guests to have an impressive stay! We are glad that you made the decision to stay at the Carlyle Inn. I appreciate your mention of our location which is very near shopping venues and public transportation. Thanks for mentioning the staff and our room amenities. I will pass on your review for all of them to read. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kindest,

There are newer reviews for The Carlyle Inn

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I traveled to the area for a meeting in Beverly Hills. The Carlyle Inn was by far the least expensive hotel in the area for the quality, and it was conveniently located. It's not a high-end, boutique hotel - not even remotely - but the room was spacious and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast was tasty. FYI, parking is located under the building.

1  Thank Beverly R

Dear Beverly R,

We are so glad that you chose the Carlyle Inn for your recent business meeting in Beverly Hills. Thank you for your review; we feel that we are a good value for the dollar especially when you consider the complimentary Wi-Fi and hot morning breakfast! We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kindest,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I nearly drove by the place - the pictures for some reason made me think it was not along a street with random storefronts, but off on its own. And the description made me think they had a parking lot, in the same way that... a hotel has a parking lot. But this is more that they had some space near their entrance, so they decided to make some really cramped parking. Then under the building there is a VERY narrow entrance/driveway down to underground parking... also really small.
If you are going to be driving to this place, drive something compact.
There did seem to be a large parking garage a block away, at the end of the questionable alley (which was all torn up, so don't have a low rider either) behind the place.

It talks about walking distance and local shops, but it doesn't really seem like the sort of area I would want to just chill out walking around - more like hey, drive somewhere else.

The rooms were large and modern, and the wireless worked. Good enough for me, and the price wasn't too bad overall.

I wish they had room service.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great hotel, great location! Staff treated me great! The GM Denise runs a fantastic hotel! When staying in Los Angeles you will not be disappointed with this hotel. Very close to Beverly Hills! Can not say any thing bad about my stay or hotel!

Room Tip: They all seem to be great rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This small hotel is an excellent value. Walking distance to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Rooms are comfortable--50's type decor with large updated bathrooms. Great breakfast, convenient on-site self parking, and nice outdoor sitting area. Really an excellent value for this good neighborhood in LA. Westside, Pico-Robertson.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Everything about this place looked like a dressed-up motel from the 80s. Hideous brochures jump out at you as you enter the lobby, screaming "budget motel". Could not get a glass from anyone so had to drink out of the cotton ball container from the bathroom since the disgusting plastic cups were cheaper than what I take camping. Had to go to the front desk to get a wine opener. Really??? The plastic wine opener with the hotel logo is too valuable to leave in the rooms? It has to be under guard at the front desk, and we have to fetch it even though we paid over $250 for the room?? Lastly the wifi was generously free, but too weak to reach my room. I had moments of connection, but as quick as it came that's how quick it would disappear. Used three different computer devices all resulting in the same problem. For $250 a night this was truly subpar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Denise W, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Mr. John O

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and I regret that we failed to meet your expectations in the details of your stay. I sent you private email to welcome you back to the Carlyle Inn in hopes that we are able to redeem ourselves; our guests find our amenities, value and service on a higher level and I am sorry you did not experience the same. Please feel free to contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area.

Kindest regards,
310-275-4445

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Carlyle Inn in Los Angeles has been and will be my place to stay while having treatments at Cedars-Sinai medical center for the next few months. The staff is courtesy and professional. Rooms clean and always plenty of amenities.

Dear Paula F

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel; your home away from home! We have really enjoyed getting to know you during your stays with us and thank you for choosing us each time your travels bring you back to the area.

Kindest regards,

Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Carlyle Inn? Share your experiences!