Booked two rooms via Priceline a few months ago at a great deal. Called about 1 week prior to trip and requested adjoining rooms with windows away from the noise of Robertson Blvd. Got the usual "We can't garantee it, but we'll try." We got two great adjoining rooms, 304 &305, that overlook the courtyard. Rooms were spotless, included flat screen tv, alarm clock, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, ironing table, fridge(no freezer inside). Great European boutique hotel with modern decor. You can tell throughout the hotel that attention to detail is important. Each room had a live plant...I know that's not a big deal; but most hotels have plastic plants or none at all. Breakfast buffet included eggs, sausage (sometimes hash browns), OJ, cranberry juice, milk, coffee, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, yogurt, make-your-own waffle, cheeses...and each was refilled without question, even if you came a little before breakfast closing time. Perks included free daily newspaper, apples at the front desk, cookie plate at the front desk, free internet access and printing via desktop computer in lobby, free WiFi, and front desk staff were helpful in suggesting places to eat and providing us with addresses of destinations to plug into our GPS. When we first arrived at the hotel, I couldn't get the digital thermostat to work automatically, within literally three minutes, someone from the front desk came to our room and got it to work. Customer service was great.
Location of hotel was PERFECT, not to far from all of our destinations, nothing was more than 20 minutes away. Venice & Santa Monica beach were approx 15 minutes away, Universal Studios 20 min., Getty Center 20 min. Again location was ideal. Only drawback is there is an $11/day charge for parking in the garage, which is open and more like a carport/pavillion. We also, had to leave our keys with the front desk, in case our car needed to be moved.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel for a business or pleasure stay in LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are so many reasons to stay at The Carlyle Inn, and topping that list is our beautifully renovated art deco inspired accommodations. Our boutique hotel is centrally located on Robertson Boulevard within easy access of Rodeo Drive, the Kabbalah Centre, Hollywood and various galleries, shops and salons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Carlyle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carlyle Hotel Los Angeles
- Best Western Carlyle Hotel
- Best Western Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Best Western