We stayed overnight at the Orlando while visiting friends. When I called to confirm my reservation, they had us down for 2 queens instead of a king. When I pointed out that we had reserved a king they were hesitant to change is (stating that they were full for the weekend) but called me back in 5 minutes and stated that not only would we have a king bedroom we would be placed in one of the newly upgraded rooms. The room was beautiful (especially the bathroom!) with a wonderful view of the pool. Everything was clean and smelled brand new.
There were a few things we thought were odd
1. No door on the shower. The floor was covered in water.
2. Last minute details had been left undone (a cord stuffed up into the ceiling in the bathroom, the door needed repainting where the old locks had been pulled off, some of the furniture/mini bar were scuffed) I'm not sure if they placed us in an "almost finished" room and planned to come back to those details...but it really didn't affect our stay too much.
3. We appeared to be the only ones staying on our floor. For a hotel that was "booked" there was an eerie sense of isolation around us.
1. The room had lots of space! Our two year old had more then enough room to spread out his books and read on the bed or the couch. He was in heaven, and WE loved that we weren't right on top of each other.
2. The toiletries. I know it's silly, but the soaps were AMAZING! I wish I could have bought a "regular size" set to take home with me.
3. The robe, slippers, and pillow mints made us feel like we were in a luxury hotel.
4. Customer service is wonderful!
We will definitely be staying at the Orlando again. It was a wonderful experience for a fabulous price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando offers an exciting West Third Street location between the Beverly Center, the Grove and Farmers Market. Walking distance to great dining, shopping and entertainment experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Orlando Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Hotel Los Angeles
- Orlando Los Angeles