“Wonderful Experience”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #30 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed overnight at the Orlando while visiting friends. When I called to confirm my reservation, they had us down for 2 queens instead of a king. When I pointed out that we had reserved a king they were hesitant to change is (stating that they were full for the weekend) but called me back in 5 minutes and stated that not only would we have a king bedroom we would be placed in one of the newly upgraded rooms. The room was beautiful (especially the bathroom!) with a wonderful view of the pool. Everything was clean and smelled brand new.
There were a few things we thought were odd
1. No door on the shower. The floor was covered in water.
2. Last minute details had been left undone (a cord stuffed up into the ceiling in the bathroom, the door needed repainting where the old locks had been pulled off, some of the furniture/mini bar were scuffed) I'm not sure if they placed us in an "almost finished" room and planned to come back to those details...but it really didn't affect our stay too much.
3. We appeared to be the only ones staying on our floor. For a hotel that was "booked" there was an eerie sense of isolation around us.

We LOVED!
1. The room had lots of space! Our two year old had more then enough room to spread out his books and read on the bed or the couch. He was in heaven, and WE loved that we weren't right on top of each other.
2. The toiletries. I know it's silly, but the soaps were AMAZING! I wish I could have bought a "regular size" set to take home with me.
3. The robe, slippers, and pillow mints made us feel like we were in a luxury hotel.
4. Customer service is wonderful!

We will definitely be staying at the Orlando again. It was a wonderful experience for a fabulous price!

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank redjen98
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Thank you for your recent visit and taking time to post a review for us. It is very helpful to receive your feedback.
The original design of the showers is to have an opening in the glass. It is a design trend many new properties have incorporated. We did receive some comments however and decided to add doors to make our guests more comfortable.
Thank you for bringing the details in your room to our attention. We have been fully booked and we may have overlooked these items in an effort to make rooms available in time for our guest’s reservations.
So happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities. We do keep full sizes of our special Angelo Caroli bath products which are available for sale through guest reception. So next time just let us know.
Thank you again. Until next time!

Reviewed 28 May 2011

I was in a 4 nights trip with my daughter. The location was great but the room was old. The carpet is a stain festival we didn' t walk barefoot in the room. The mini bar didn't cold, the air condioner was really noisy. As it is on 3rd street is a noisy place all night long and as the windows are not good you hear people talking at night from the street. The bathroom was extremely small and old. Personal is very friendly and they are going on in remodeling the building, it deserves it!. The cozy restaurant I saw in pictures doesn't exists.
The free internet access was a good thing too.
My advice, ask for a remodeled room and ask if the remodelation has finished.
I wouldnt stay again in this condition. The relation price and what you get doesn't value your money.
Nice beds and sheets, towels and robes are great.
Orlando Hotel you have so much to work on !!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank crixie
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Dear Crixie,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding you recent stay. We appreciate that you enjoyed our location and staff.
I apologize that you were one of the last guests to stay in a non-renovated accommodation. Just a couple days after you checked out we no longer had any non-renovated rooms at the hotel.
All of our guest rooms now have brand new redesigned bathrooms, brand new carpet, a new air conditioning system and wall treatments, along with enhanced guest amenities.
Due to guest requests we did see the need to make a change to our restaurant partner. Our new and much improved restaurant will be opening in late July or early August.
As you are familiar with our location, I am sure you can agree there are many fabulous restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. In fact, we have had very few disappointed guest comments regarding not having the dining room portion of the restaurant available – we do of course still have 24-hour room service available and have received many compliments from our repeat guests in regards to the new menu.
I hope the next time you are in Los Angeles you will contact me so that you can experience one of our brand new guest rooms.
Best regards,
Managing Director

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I found the Orlando by accident while searching for an LA hotel. Well worth the money for the neighborhood. All the amenities are at the hotel's doorsteps.

We stayed for 2 nights but wished it was longer. We arrived at 9pm after a long drive and were greeted by the friendly hotel staff. Valet (unlimited in and out) took care of our luggage while we checked in. After checking out the room we went for a quick stroll to find supper. Magnolia's bakery is literally across the street and was open till 10pm. The pizza shop was open till late, we were able to get a freshly made slice. Strolling 3rd street we made our culinary plan for our trip...figuring out quickly that we didn't have enough meals available to taste all the wonderful food available.

The room was spacious and though the staff mentioned that 1/3 of the hotel was currently under renovations we didn't hear a peep of construction noise. We had a king bed with storage under the bed. A couch & sitting area which could have slept a 3rd person. A huge flat screen TV in front of the bed.

The only complaints about the room is about the bathroom, it's quite small. There was wonderful water pressure but though the bathroom had been upgraded it wasn't completely new. The tap took a bit of fiddling with to get working, once I found out how to get hot water it was all good.

There is no food currently available at the hotel restaurant (under renovations) but they do have room service. However, we didn't miss it since there are literally several options within the block. All the local vendors are very neighborly. The hotel supports their businesses and they spoke very highly of the hotel as well.

There is a pool and rooftop area...but alas we were too busy running around to even go check it out. Next time!

Check the hotel website to see what specials they had. They had a spring special on which had the reduced rate of $149 with valet parking of $15 (instead of $30).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

It’s terrific to know that you found our neighborhood as special as we think it is! You are absolutely right about all the great restaurants so close to the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Very best regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Stayed here before... Good size rooms, clean, free internet (when I stayed), coffee , room safe, good shower. has adjoining rooms if required. Ideal to walk to Farmers Market, La Brae Tar Pits, Peterson Auto museum and Los Angeles Art Museum. Some great residential roads close by to explore the local houses and gardens. Only downside is that the sound proofing between adjoining rooms is not 100%. Does not detract though really.

Room Tip: Call them up direct by phone
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jermtheworm

Thank you so much for your repeated visits with us. We appreciate your loyalty very much!
Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Very best,

Reviewed 30 March 2011

My friend and I spent 2 nights at The Orlando Hotel last June. The check in was a little bumpy as they could not locate my reservation even though I had a print-out with me of the actual reservation from their system. But eventually we got a room and it was quite comfortable and I would say spacious too. We had two double beds and I have to admit their beddding was excellent. The gym is really not existent and the pool is quite small but we were there to enjoy West Hollywood, so staying our hotel room was the last thing we wanted to do. The best location to the shops for sure, the Grove, Farmer's market, Beverly Center are all within reasonable walking distance. WeHo, is also close by so hit the LGBT bars they are awesome for a great fun night out with the girls. We ate breakfast once at the restaurant and it was okay but there are pleny of restaurants around. We would like to stay here again but it's not a cheap hotel by any means -- although for boutique West Hollywood hotel I think prices here are pretty competitive. Overall we had a great stay and we love to visit again.

Room Tip: Make sure you print your reservation beforehand!
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Please accept my apologies for the snafu upon check-in with your reservation. I am glad they were able to resolve the issue and get you settled quickly.
It is great to hear you enjoyed our location and took full advantage of the neighborhood.
We would love to have you visit again too!
Very best,

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Location is excellent for visiting LA, 5 minutes to the Beverly Shopping Center and within walking distance to The Grove and Farmers Market. Many more boutique shops and restaurants on West 3rd street also. The Beverly Center is a stop on the StarLine hop on/off tour bus which is useful for sight seeing.
Comfortable beds, large screen tv, free internet in reception room off lobby. Sun terrace with loungers and pool. Room service breakfast also available.
The hotel is undergoing renovations at the moment (weekdays only). Following disruption on our first morning the hotel staff moved us on our last night to ensure no further impact. Renovated rooms look well, main change is the upgraded bathrooms.
Would recommend this hotel without hesitation to those looking for a relaxed sight seeing/ shopping visit to LA.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for the recommendation and kind words.
We hope to host you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2011

The rooms in this hotel are really stuffy...There is a strong smell that permeates everything - a strong fragrance that can become bothersome. You can't open the windows to alleviate the problem. Having said that, I found the staff to be really accommodating and the location to be top notch. I would skip the restaurant next door for breakfast or lunch and head to the restaurant Joan's On Third just a few blocks down the street. Phenomenal food!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sanfrandlle,
I truly appreciate your taking the time to write a review and am pleased to know you enjoyed our location and staff.
I am sorry that your room seemed stuffy and you didn’t care for the air fresheners. The windows in the hotel open, just not all the way. With a quick call to the front desk we would have been fast to further adjust it for you.
Happily, all of our guest rooms have been renovated since your stay and we now have a new air conditioning system, brand new redesigned bathrooms, brand new carpet along with enhanced guest amenities.
We love Jones on Third too! Due to guest requests we have seen the need to make a change to our restaurant partner. Our new and much improved restaurant will be opening in late July or early August and we are very excited about the new concept and chef.
I look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles and the opportunity to personally offer a tour all the great changes.
Until then,

West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#12 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!