“great place, staff and location”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #40 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Have you ever been in a place where you are greeted happily every day? Where the staff have a passion for what they are here to do? The Orlando Hotel is the right place for you. I have been here for almost one month. I enjoyed every single day of my stay. I brought family and friends here and all of them were impressed with the hospitality and comfort of the Orlando Hotel.
I will continue to recommend my family and friends to spend their vacations at the Orlando Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mikolas

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I decided to give The Orlando a second shot in a week in LA when rooms seemed tougher to come by. My first stay there about 2 years back was mediocre. Unfortunately this stay was worse and I am sad to report I won't be back. The walls are very thin. There was a door separating my room from the next. I was called by the front desk to keep "my noise level down" twice - one time in the evening I had the radio on very low and was chatting with a friend - the other time I was on the phone with a client speaking at a normal level. When the person next door had the hair dryer on it was as if she (he?) were drying her hair in my room (though I didn't call the front desk to complain). The room was ample in size, clean, decently appointed. That was the highlight. The pool is very small with few lounge chairs around it. Not very inviting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sma0221
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Not really easy to find the parking at the streets around — but the hotel was very nice. Great bed, spacious room, very friendly staff, so i've got rest after that awful apartment on airbnb i've rented.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My parents have been coming out to LA from Boston every year for more than 20 years to spend the holidays with me, my brother, and our families. And every visit, they've stayed at the Orlando. The hotel is clean, comfortable and ideally located. A small refrigerator and VCR allow them to feel right at home at the Orlando. And after so many visits, the hotel staff has become like family. A special thank you to Sasha and all of the front desk crew for taking such great care of my folks. Not to mention the housemaids who always greet my mom with big hugs. These special touches are rare and so very much appreciated.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BenzDad
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel was stylish, clean and perfectly located. The staff were brilliant.
We arrived at 9am, knowing we couldn't check in until 3pm but thanks to the staff we were in within a couple of hours.
We were upgraded to an incredible two bathroom suite including a giant entertainment deck with a view of the Hollywood sign.
The staff could not have been nicer, we were so impressed with their friendliness and professionalism.
As a family of five, including a four year old, we needed a spacious hotel that was within walking distance of dining and shopping. We could walk the The Beverly Centre, Beverly Connection, The Grove and the Farmers Market. The room had fabulous storage, a full wardrobe and massive under bed drawers.
The Hotel (and our room) is above a fabulous, trendy bar and restaurant. Noise was never an issue and we were there over a weekend. A great place to have a drink in the evening while the kids are safely tucked away in bed.
I can't say enough positive things about the hotel, we will ALWAYs stay there.
Oh, and there was a TV in the bathroom! The Bathroom!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Janren2013
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've stayed at the Orlando many times on business trips over the past year. The rates are competitive and the location can't be beat. Centrally located for my business meetings and within walking distance to great restaurants like Joan's on Third and many more, shopping, etc. The hotel is comfortable and has everything you need. The best feature is its friendly, accommodating, incredibly helpful staff. The Orlando is a great, go-to hotel that I would definitely recommend to my friends, family and colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lukis R
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions as to things to do. Also, I really liked the location. Not too busy and plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. For the downside, the room and bath were spacious but the decor and furnishings were in poor condition. The bed was the most uncomfortable, the sheets where thin and itchy, two flat and hard pillows and the covers were thin and just didn't do the job. The bath was renovated but had no charm and there was a ton of wasted space. The carpet needs to be replaced as soon as possible. The only place to store our belongings was in a narrow ikea like self standing closet. I just felt like I was in a college dorm. Unfortunately I would not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shai22
Sirley C, Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and location. I’m sure they will appreciate the positive feedback. My apologies on the negative experience with the room. After some research, I believe you were staying in one of our handicap accessible rooms. Those rooms do have a more spacious bathroom in the case of a person with a wheelchair or other ADA related needs. Besides the armoire that was in your room, there are additional drawers on the sides of the bed, which you can use to store items. Our carpets have been replaced during the previous renovation and we have procedures in place to regularly shampoo our carpets to ensure their cleanliness. We believe that guest feedback is one of the best ways we learn how we can better improve our product and services. We would have appreciated being communicated these challenges during your stay so that we could have had an opportunity to address them and ensure you enjoy your room accommodations. We would love to discuss your feedback and suggestions in more detail if you would like to contact us at your convenience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Le Parc Suite Hotel
Le Parc Suite Hotel
#8 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!