“Would stay longer if I could”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #39 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 April 2014

You can't go wrong with the orlando hotel. Great location, helpful staff, modern decor, heated pool with cabanas, free wi fi, walking distance to farmers market and great restaurants. My daughter and I had a wonderful time and felt safe walking around this neighborood. The staff was accomodating and allowed us to check in early depending on availability of room. I would stay longer if I could. Prices are on the upscale side but I got a deal through bookit.com for $130 a night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Orlando Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 10 March and loved every minute of it. The staff are so friendly from the valet guys to the reception staff. The reception staff were so helpful with everything from directions to restaurant recommendations. The room was lovely and extremely spacious. The bed was huge and so comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a great little hotel. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Good size bath - nice amenities. Staff is friendly and helpful. Best feature of all is the location. Near shopping and restaurants and I even had a view of the HOLLYWOOD sign from my window. My room faced the street and was a little noisy - not bad but traffic sounds....to me was worth it for the good view. Price on the room was very good. There is a nice restaurant attached to the horel that has outdoor/indoor seating with good tapas. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We chose the Orlando based on the price and the location. We had an event to attend so were literally only staying overnight. We got in around 11, and didn't get to sleep until after 2. Being pregnant, sleep is precious to me. The music from the hotels restaurant was so unbearably loud I contemplated leaving the hotel. I was paying for a place to sleep and wasn't even getting that. I called the lobby and all they could say was that it ends at 2am. Nightmare. On a lighter note the room is clean. We won't be staying here again and I'll be sure to let everyone I know not to stay here either.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyla M
Sirley C, Front Office Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Kyla,

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize that the noise level from the restaurant interfered with the serenity of your stay. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to forecast which guests will want a quieter side and which guests will want the more social side of the building. If we are provided with requests during the reservation and/or check in time, we are more than happy to do our best to accommodate them. I would hate to lose your business over something that we could easily fix for a future stay. If you’d like, I would love to personally book your next stay and ensure everything is perfect! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel at your convenience. Notes have been added to your profile, as well, to ensure that the front desk is aware of your room preference.
Best,
Sam Shofet
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We just returned from a trip to California; we stayed at the Orlando for a few days in LA. this was a five star experience. The staff was courteous and welcoming, very helpful and efficient.Our room was beautifully appointed and spotless. our bed was VERY comfy, BIG flat screen on the wall. the valets were attentive and efficient. Great location.. Walking distance to several good places to eat. Adjacent to the hotel is Churchills, a lively spot with good food and drinks. nice fitness area, salt water pool. highly recommend!!!!

1  Thank RiMac925
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I recently moved out of the Los Angeles neighborhood where The Orlando Hotel is located. I know the area, and have previously had family and friends stay at The Orlando, as my apartment was small. I have recently stayed at The Orlando twice, and both of my experiences were great! Every aspect of the hotel was just perfect for me. My most recent trip included a lovely upgrade to a suite, which was a delightful surprise! I thoroughly enjoyed the lavish bathtub and the other amenities.

I will be returning to Los Angeles every two months, or so, and will be staying at The Orlando every time. It is located in my favorite part of LA, with easy access to West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood. There are many cafes, restaurants, bakeries, and shops right around the hotel. The Beverly Center is nearby, and The Grove is also within walking distance.

The hotel is very comfortable, with just the right blend of comfortable elegance and contemporary design.

Room Tip: Rooms facing 3rd Street have street sounds...which I like!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked and everything was correct, The service here is amazing, they say welcome back evertime you enter the hotel, and the the valet guys are very attentive. Our room was as stated, very clean and a good size. The view however was terrible, we had a huge tree in our way, it was room 418, I think. The bathroom was small but the shower was amazing. the pool and pool area is small but works well, the excersize room is OK.

We saw Jessica Simpson here during our stay so it is popluar with everyone.

There are lots of shopping and eating opportunities within walking distance, the Farmers Market is a great walk for breakfast. And the Grove is a short walk further. We always felt safe walking even at night.

There is a coffee shop on the corner as well, and a wine/beer store across the street that is very reasonable.

Overall a great hotel in a nice area, I woudl stay here again.

Room Tip: ASk for a room facing the pool.
2  Thank kpinch
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
#68 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!