The Orlando Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$135
  • Pool
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$174
US$138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$451
US$328
US$245
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbeverly centerfarmers marketmagnolia bakeryboutique hotelgreat locationwest hollywoodbeverly connectionwalking distancebeverly hillsrestaurants and shoppingvalet parkingsmall poolfront desk staffsmall hotelroom was spaciouswonderful hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Ok, I booked this hotel through an online service which didn't reveal the name of the hotel until I booked. Once I booked and the name was revealed I of course did a full online review search only to land here.
I was terrified after reading some of these reviews! The Four Seasons? What? This is not supposed to be The Four Seasons. If you are looking for THAT kind of service, fine. Go there.
This hotel is just fine. The rooms are clean and plenty big. I mean we are not living in the hotel. It's just a home base. And a lovely home base it is too. Yes, the bathroom is a little small, could use a little more water pressure, but it's clean and has everything one would need.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful and kind. I felt the entire check-in process was as easy as could be. I was up in my room in no time. I must have called the front desk 4 times in 3 minutes about getting my car, changing my mind, and getting a cab. All times Ashley was as pleasant as can be and took amazing care of me.
Clean. Check.
Friendly. Check.
Priced Right. Check.
Location. Pretty cool and convenient.

Bottom line. There is nothing wrong with this place. I've stayed all over the world in Inter-Continentals, and Hiltons, and Hyatt's, and Ritz's and all the rest.
Nothing is wrong here.
It's not the Intercontinental, but it doesn't cost that much either.

Stay here and be happy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank JasmineWong
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We stayed at Orlando for 2 weekend nights. Each room was average and a little pricey, but not for California. Our rooms did not have the best views - overlooking many businesses roof tops. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was small but the younger ones enjoyed it. If you like no frills just a nice quiet, clean place to stay, you will enjoy the Orlando. I suggest you walk to Joans for a meal. We really liked the food there and atmosphere, but go during off-peak times as it gets really crowded. The farmers' market is a nice stroll away and has exceptional choices for another meal.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Good location for several days of meetings in the LA area. Very hip, modern, streamlined room. Ample room to spread out and work (write) in the room. Carpet was a bit tired; other than that my stay was ideal.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank ATLgal_7
Reviewed 16 May 2009

As an entertainment travel agent booking talent and crew with high expectations, it is important that I know first hand the hotel I will be reserving for their engagements. I can tell you from staying at the Orlando recently and from the comments of my clients the mere facts.
The Orlando Hotel is great. The rooms are hip and stylish, the beds so comfortable, making you feel like you are in an apartment and not a hotel. This is important when you have clients that are staying multiple nights. The staff is great and make every effort to engage in conversation and get to know you. It's nice to be at a small boutique hotel, where you are not lost in a crowd and made to feel that you are really cared about.

As far as the location, I loved the fact that I didn't have to drive and felt comfortable walking in this great area. One day I walked to The Beverly Center, another day The Grove, and even took a 30 minute hike up to the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. Very, very cool.

That is why The Orlando gets my business and I reccommend it to every one I know.

Sherry Eiden

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank setravel1012
Reviewed 15 May 2009

This hotel made the Los Angeles part of our business trip so enjoyable. It's a boutique hotel with a great location. A blocks walk from the Beverly Center and so many other small local shops and restaurants. We loved the balcony off of our room and the warm, friendly staff. The pool, gym and sauna were just perfect to unwind in and we loved the Bulgari bath products in the bath. Room prices are great considering all they offer in this hiddend gem. We'll definitely return to this, our new "Hollywood" home-away-from-home on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business