The Orlando Hotel
US$141
US$135
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$325
US$284
  • Restaurant
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$621
US$452
US$468
  • Beachfront
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$320
US$202
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbeverly centerfarmers marketmagnolia bakeryboutique hotelgreat locationwest hollywoodbeverly connectionwalking distancebeverly hillsrestaurants and shoppingvalet parkingsmall poolfront desk staffsmall hotelroom was spaciouswonderful hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2006

I have stayed at this hotel because I do business with Cedars Sinai (which is within walking distance). If you like a more european experince as opposed to a typical US business experience (like staying at the Marriott), this hotel may be for you. Quite chic in it's decor, the restaurant is good (if a little expensive), and the rooms are nice (not great). I do always have a little trouble getting online at this hotel. Great shopping and restaurants are also within walking distance. Stay on the 5th floor if you want a little more service.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Alice B
Reviewed 29 June 2006

This is a very pricey area, but we still expected more for the $344 for two nights we paid. The positives were the location near many museums and sights, the fitness room and small mineral pool, the linens and down duvets, the serene and modern decor, and the friendly front desk and valet. The breakfast that was included was served in the adjoining restaurant,"La Terza" and it was a nice buffet of fruits, yogurt, granola and ham and cheese.

The negatives were that the hot water in the shower was just lukewarm, the room was not immaculate (There was dust clogged in the vents and some cobwebs in upper corners.) The walls are very thin, so we could easily hear voices and TV from the next room and slamming doors.. Although the front desk was friendly, several of them were not very knowledgable of directions and nearby sights.

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2006

I arrived at the hotel at 2:45 pm to check in and had to wait about 10 minutes for my room. OK, 10 minutes, no big deal. The lobby was nice enough, the "lounge" was relaxing and the front desk staff was friendly. I got my room key, dropped my bags and left to go shopping. I came back around 7 pm that night only to find that I had no hot water, among other probelems. For a "luxury boutique" hotel, I was truly disappointed.

The rooms had been redone, but they forgot the bathrooms. The fixtures are outdated (think 1970s), there were burn marks on the orange countertop, and there was a significant black and rust stain in the tub. Not to mention, there was hardly any water pressure. The rickety cheap metal closet doors don't open and close properly if the safe door is open. The walls were so thin, I could hear the phone ring and the subsequent conversation in the room next door. I could also hear the people above me walking around all night. I called the front desk who immediately sent people up to try to fix the problems. Housekeeping told me there was nothing they could do about the stain. The safety lock was also loose. The maintenance man told me I would have to wait at least a night or two before he could fix, and as the housekeeper left, the entire thing came off in my hands. She just looked at me and shrugged.

The "pool" is a joke. I've seen tubs bigger than that. The restaurant is OK. The free breakfast is basically fruit and yogurt. If you want eggs, bacon or toast, you have to order it. All in all, I will NEVER go back or recommend this place to anyone. If you want something in the area, try The Parc Suites. It's MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank asdbarnes
Valdosta, GA
Reviewed 11 April 2006

We stayed at The Orlando the last weekend of March 2006 and found the hotel to be in a great location. It was our first trip to LA, so we went into the trip without any expecations. Upon arrival, we were met by the valet staff, which were by far the most help in our visit to LA. There is one arrogant staff member who appeared to be in charge of the other check-in staff as he was training someone upon our arrival. He was the only member of the staff that was rude.

The room was absolutely beautiful and provided plenty of room for our stay. The bed was very comfortable especially with the down comforter and feather pillows. The bathroom was a little small, but we weren't there to spend time in the bathroom.

I would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again. We booked our room a couple of months before they increased the rate. They honored the rate we were given at booking, so an A+ for customer service.

The breakfast was a joke. Eggs and ONE slice of bacon. Want a great breakfast on your trip, visit the Farmer's Market for a wide variety of options.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 9 April 2006

At check in time, I found the desk clerk to be arrogant and rude. The only reason I didn't walk out right then and there was the intervention of another staff member who walked in when he heard what was going on.

When I went up to the room, it was not made up (this was at 3:00 PM).

The air conditioning was extremely noisy and the fan function (low, med, high) didn't work - it seemed to be stuck on high. It is also not clear that the temperature setting was functional - I varied it from 68 to 74 and could detect no difference in either temperature or on/off cycling of the unit.

Overnight parking (valet only) was over $20.00!

The restaurant was extremely expensive, pretentious, and, while the wait staff provided good service, the food was mediocre at best - an $18 breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs (dry and cold), one (burnt) slice of bacon, and a cold piece of toast that seemed to have been warmed in a microwave.

I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances and would not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business