“Skip for regular stays”

Ranked #39 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Seattle, WA
“Skip for regular stays”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for months. Last time I was there they gave me a room in which the water in the shower didn't shut off. Maintenance person came quickly but at midnight it is never quick enough. Then the next morning, I discover there is no soap. Previously, there was no robe in the room (all the rooms have robes) and one could never be found for me. The service is really spotty. Many of the times I wasn't able to print my boarding pass because the printer in the lobby didn't work and neither did the printer behind the desk. The rooms need an update. The area around the hotel is really fun with great restaurants. . .

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Paradox4u2002
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
I appreciate your repeated visits to our hotel and by your taking the time to let us know about your last stay. It is our commitment to provide consistent upscale service, especially to our loyal repeat guests.

Just this week we replaced the lobby Mac with a brand new PC and all boarding pass printing is a breeze.

We feel the same about our special neighborhood here on West 3rd, great restaurants, design studios and boutiques. I certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a great experience. I would invite you to contact me personally the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

Very best,

Tohnia Miller
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
London
Reviewed 11 April 2010

at first the hotel seemed nicely located and stylish to some extend. However during the night one could hear every conversation the neighbors had; and in the morning once the they took their showers I was catapulted out of bed - it sounded like a rocket taking of! Additionally, the sheets were not clean and had stains.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
I am very appreciative of your candid remarks and kind comments about our location and décor. While it is unacceptable that your linen had stains, I assure you that they were clean. I will be following up to ensure our housekeeping team is more diligent in the future. The sounds you describe regarding our plumbing are not normal, so I hope that you let us know when you were here, that way our engineering department could immediately address any issues. If you would be open to giving us the opportunity to host you again, I would offer a tip: Ask for a non-connecting room, they tend to be very quiet. While connecting rooms are great for friends and family traveling together, there can be more sound transfer from the neighbors.
Thank you and I truly hope you will give us an opportunity to shine,
Tohnia
Managing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Another hotel recommended we try the Orlando for rooms since they were sold out -- we arrived around midnight after flying in from the East Coast to escape the snow. The lobby was nicely decorated with a Mac computer for guest use and an adjoining TV/lounge room. Staff was very helpful while en route to the hotel as we tried to find a place for the weekend and were pleasant during our entire stay.

You can tell from the room that this is an older property that has been updated with the boutique look - it smelled a little funky, the bathrooms are not the greatest, and we had lukewarm/tepid water during our entire stay (they gave us some breakfast coupons to compensate.) This is definitely not a 4-star hotel, more like a 3-star. However, we spent two great nights here - it was so quiet and the bed exceptionally comfortable - and Third offers a number of places to eat and shop you can easily walk to. And the internet worked great in the room. I would not recommend the breakfast, it was a bizarre buffet and made to order hot items.

We were lucky to get a hotel in this area as a walkin on Valentine's weekend - our rate of $200 was competitive but I read that lower prices may be available when booking in advance through hotel /travel web sites. I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tachiebluebird
Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed our West 3rd Street neighborhood with the many restaurants, designer studios and eclectic collection of boutiques.
Since receiving your feedback we have adjusted the water temperature and have had no additional challenges with hot water.
We are in the process of updating all the bathrooms throughout the hotel and should be completed by the end of the year.
We strive everyday to provide an excellent experience for our guests and
I am looking forward to welcoming you back again. Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with your reservation.
Warm regards,
Tohnia
Russellville, AR
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We loved everything about this hotel. Clean, good location, safe, and very pleasant atmosphere. I truly felt very comfortable. I plan on staying here again and will reccomend my friends to stay here also. A nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BassEngineering
tohnia, managing director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words. We very much look forward to seeing you again and appreciate the fact that you will tell your friends about us. Until next time,

tohnia miller
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Best boutique hotel ever!!! The breakfast was included and it was amazing. They also gave us taxi vouchers for every night we stayed there, so the parking was virtually free. The staff was wonderful and the room was picture perfect!!! Talk about a beautiful, clean, comfortable bed! My kids and I loved this hotel!! I would give it more stars if I could! After I returned I received a letter from them thanking me for my stay...hand signed! First class all the way! Well worth the money. The location was also great, walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank ShawnaT1
Nothing makes us happier than to know you and your family loved the hotel. You made our day. Thank you,

tohnia miller
florida
Reviewed 6 December 2009

A fantastic stay at a great hotel.The staff is friendly and very helpful. I was never disappointed with their recommendations.The hotel is centrally located to great spots like The Framers Market,TOAST and Joans on Third. I highly recommend and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank m3lexis
NY Chelsea
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I recently spent 4 nights at The Orlando and had a great experience! All of the staff was exceptional - from the valet, to the desk and restaurant. For a very reasonable price, we had a nice sized room, extremely comfortable bed and a nice little balcony with very sound-proof French doors. We enjoyed both the food and drink in the restaurant downstairs and this location cannot be beat. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
#42 of 350 in Los Angeles
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
#68 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!