“Great Location Great Bed Great Service”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #35 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location Great Bed Great Service”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I am surprised I didn't know about this place. I travel to L.A. about once every two months and feel I know the city pretty well. After my usual place was sold out, a friend reccomended this hotel to me and I can honestly say I got a new 'place' in L.A. The Orlando is on Third St. which has become one of the hottest spots in L.A. I have actually been to the resturant in the Hotel and never realized there was a hotel attached to it. Although it is cliche to say a 'small European' botique hotel, this place really is that. Everything is nice and personal. From the lobby to the rooms, with some of the best beds I have ever slept in. Cool decor and furniture and really the best locale in the city right now. Service is second to none, special thanks to Marcella who made my reservation and happened to be at the Front Desk when I checked in. She remembered me from the phone, how often does that happen?
Cant reccomend this place enough. Check it out!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jessebob
tohnia, General Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2010
I am delighted you found us. I hope the Orlando will be your new home away from home whenever you are visiting Los Angeles. Glad to hear you enjoy our delightful West 3rd Street neighborhood as much as we do.

Warm wishes,

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
All over
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I just had the opportunity to discover The Orlando Hotel. I'm familiar with many of the larger name Hollywood area hotels, but this will be my choice from now on. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and you get the feeling that everyone really wants you to have a great stay. And you can't beat the value or the location! Take it from an experienced traveler... this is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FineF00die
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next stay with us.

Mt
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed almost a week the front desk was very friendly and helpful, they help me with setting up a rental car, gave us great directions to different locations, they were all very accommodating. The only thing I have negative to say about that hotel is the restaurant; it is very expensive for a centennial breakfast (meat slices and yogurt). I would suggest the Berry’s down the street, for the same price you get a great breakfast. Also two days before we left the house keepers didn’t restock, so I had to call they did come up right away to do it but the next day they never even came in our room to clean it and received the daily paper was very sporadic, get it one day but not the other. They defiantly need to work on consistency but besides that the hotel itself is in a great location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kkjMt
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for staying with us at the Orlando.
I know that you have many options of hotels in Los Angeles and I am delighted that you chose to stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and our friendly staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team, I know they will appreciate having made an impact on your stay.
Regarding the breakfast at our partner restaurant, I will discuss them with the chef and owner, we have been working together to improve that experience.
I truly appreciate your feedback as it certainly assists us in continuing to focus on providing excellent customer service.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I absolutely loved my stay at the Orlando Hotel. I was in town for my friend's bachellorette party and the convenient location to West Hollywood allowed us to go from venue to venue with ease. The surrounding restaurants, boutiques and shops all along 3rd street makes this area one of the only areas in LA you can get by without having a car.

I highly recommend the hotel as the staff was excellent and the whole experience was very warm and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ericaguitar
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for months. Last time I was there they gave me a room in which the water in the shower didn't shut off. Maintenance person came quickly but at midnight it is never quick enough. Then the next morning, I discover there is no soap. Previously, there was no robe in the room (all the rooms have robes) and one could never be found for me. The service is really spotty. Many of the times I wasn't able to print my boarding pass because the printer in the lobby didn't work and neither did the printer behind the desk. The rooms need an update. The area around the hotel is really fun with great restaurants. . .

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Paradox4u2002
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
I appreciate your repeated visits to our hotel and by your taking the time to let us know about your last stay. It is our commitment to provide consistent upscale service, especially to our loyal repeat guests.

Just this week we replaced the lobby Mac with a brand new PC and all boarding pass printing is a breeze.

We feel the same about our special neighborhood here on West 3rd, great restaurants, design studios and boutiques. I certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a great experience. I would invite you to contact me personally the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

London
Reviewed 11 April 2010

at first the hotel seemed nicely located and stylish to some extend. However during the night one could hear every conversation the neighbors had; and in the morning once the they took their showers I was catapulted out of bed - it sounded like a rocket taking of! Additionally, the sheets were not clean and had stains.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
I am very appreciative of your candid remarks and kind comments about our location and décor. While it is unacceptable that your linen had stains, I assure you that they were clean. I will be following up to ensure our housekeeping team is more diligent in the future. The sounds you describe regarding our plumbing are not normal, so I hope that you let us know when you were here, that way our engineering department could immediately address any issues. If you would be open to giving us the opportunity to host you again, I would offer a tip: Ask for a non-connecting room, they tend to be very quiet. While connecting rooms are great for friends and family traveling together, there can be more sound transfer from the neighbors.
Thank you and I truly hope you will give us an opportunity to shine,
Tohnia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Another hotel recommended we try the Orlando for rooms since they were sold out -- we arrived around midnight after flying in from the East Coast to escape the snow. The lobby was nicely decorated with a Mac computer for guest use and an adjoining TV/lounge room. Staff was very helpful while en route to the hotel as we tried to find a place for the weekend and were pleasant during our entire stay.

You can tell from the room that this is an older property that has been updated with the boutique look - it smelled a little funky, the bathrooms are not the greatest, and we had lukewarm/tepid water during our entire stay (they gave us some breakfast coupons to compensate.) This is definitely not a 4-star hotel, more like a 3-star. However, we spent two great nights here - it was so quiet and the bed exceptionally comfortable - and Third offers a number of places to eat and shop you can easily walk to. And the internet worked great in the room. I would not recommend the breakfast, it was a bizarre buffet and made to order hot items.

We were lucky to get a hotel in this area as a walkin on Valentine's weekend - our rate of $200 was competitive but I read that lower prices may be available when booking in advance through hotel /travel web sites. I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tachiebluebird
Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed our West 3rd Street neighborhood with the many restaurants, designer studios and eclectic collection of boutiques.
Since receiving your feedback we have adjusted the water temperature and have had no additional challenges with hot water.
We are in the process of updating all the bathrooms throughout the hotel and should be completed by the end of the year.
We strive everyday to provide an excellent experience for our guests and
I am looking forward to welcoming you back again. Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with your reservation.
Warm regards,
Beverly Hills
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!