“Everybody loves it but me”
Review of BLD

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Vista Street
Los Angeles, California
“Everybody loves it but me”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the smoked salmon plate. It arrives with a huge amount of arugula covering almost everything. You have to dig to find everything. Pickled onions which are so picked they destroy the taste of the salmon, capers, tomatoes and cream cheese. After a while, I made a salad of the arugula and onions.
The staff is right on it, making sure you are happy in the chaos of this place. It's another very loud place designed to be that way.

• Visited April 2014

long island, Ny
“good for breakfast”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

so months ago I was reading cosmo and they interviewed people here.... we were planning a trip to LA so I saved this place and thought hey maybe breakfast one day. skip ahead months later and here we were and it was so good. the hot chocolate mmm. my husband also loved his coffee. just delicious.

Visited April 2014
“Disappointing !”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I had brunch here recently and we were disappointed... The food was mediocre at best, the food was extremely slow in coming, the noise level was way high, and it was overpriced. We won't be going back...

Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Truly ordinary except for the Ricotta Pancakes”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Slow and unwilling service. Wasn't too thrilled about that.

We had breakfast here and I ordered Ode to Butterfield's. It was very ordinary, so do not expect much. My partner had the Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes which were tastier than mine. I did think this was one of the better Ricotta pancakes that I have eaten. Unfortunately, my partner's enjoyment of the dish fell as he ate more of it.

I think this is an ok place for a breakfast, mainly for the pancakes, but I wouldn't make a special trip or return visit because there wasn't anything special.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles
“Great neighborhood gem”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Became familiar with Neal Fraser on Top Chef Masters and wanted to go to his restaurant. Went during Dine LA with my husband and had a 3 course menu - grill octopus to start, braised lamb with polenta for entree, and beignets/sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Everything was quite good, esp the octopus, polenta, and desserts. The menu is special for DineLA only. Clientele is overall younger and hip yet not stuffy. Service was very good. The jalapeno margarita was surprisingly tasty with a hint of heat. Good for foodies. Prices are decent for what you get. It's pretty busy starting around 6PM on Saturday night, so make reservations.
parking: metered or free residential street parking, but read signs carefully

Visited January 2014