“Noisy Noisy But Good Food”
Review of BLD - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Vista Street
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been coming here since the first week it opened. Had lunch here yesterday. I have never been disappointed with the food here, ever! It's always ranged from pretty good to sensational. One thing that keeps me from giving it an additional star is the acoustics. It is one of the loudest places I have ever dined in. Yesterday at lunch a toddler at the next table was allowed to run rampant thru the dining area shouting non-stop. Not one reprimand from his parents OR the management since the waitstaff had to forever avoid colliding with him while carrying food. My point is that only now did I realize how all sounds at this place are enhanced by no sound baffles at all. Food is great, service is always fine to great. But prepare to shout to your table mates to hear your conversation

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the smoked salmon plate. It arrives with a huge amount of arugula covering almost everything. You have to dig to find everything. Pickled onions which are so picked they destroy the taste of the salmon, capers, tomatoes and cream cheese. After a while, I made a salad of the arugula and onions.
The staff is right on it, making sure you are happy in the chaos of this place. It's another very loud place designed to be that way.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

so months ago I was reading cosmo and they interviewed people here.... we were planning a trip to LA so I saved this place and thought hey maybe breakfast one day. skip ahead months later and here we were and it was so good. the hot chocolate mmm. my husband also loved his coffee. just delicious.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My family and I had brunch here recently and we were disappointed... The food was mediocre at best, the food was extremely slow in coming, the noise level was way high, and it was overpriced. We won't be going back...

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Slow and unwilling service. Wasn't too thrilled about that.

We had breakfast here and I ordered Ode to Butterfield's. It was very ordinary, so do not expect much. My partner had the Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes which were tastier than mine. I did think this was one of the better Ricotta pancakes that I have eaten. Unfortunately, my partner's enjoyment of the dish fell as he ate more of it.

I think this is an ok place for a breakfast, mainly for the pancakes, but I wouldn't make a special trip or return visit because there wasn't anything special.