“Korean hotel”

Ranked #221 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Manila, Philippines
“Korean hotel”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel as it was closed to my business meeting place. It is an old hotel and focused on Korean guest. I did not see an English newspaper and all newspapers are in Korean. Old rooms and toilet but seems clean

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Rooms are average and to be expected for the price. I enjoyed eating at the restaurant. Great food if you like Korean or Japanese sushi! I go there time to time for business meetings. They have a good lunch menu. Seems like the restaurant was bustling and there were meeting rooms where an event was going on. Overall, a GREAT place to stay w/ plenty of street parking and Valet service with indoor parking garage. Location is central off Wilshire and Western Avenue. Easy access.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Folsom, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We DIDN'T stay here..we couldn't .. the entrance and lobby is "grand" & that's it. I wouldn't even say it qualifies as a pet hotel! Unbelievable.. that's what $125 gets you in Hollywood. We got our deposit back and doubled it to stay at Loews on N. Highland. I can't believe that one person gave this hotel a Excellent.. must've been someone blind!
Avoid this dump

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank BLanceG

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Let me start by saying this hotel is Korean owned and operated and located smack dab in the middle of Korea Town. If this does not appeal to you, I do not recommend staying here.

Rooms are fairly priced, dated, seemingly clean with pretty good service. Parking is available.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 808travelblog
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My back needs a hard bed and this place is great. Good service. Satellite tv.........
Excellent city location
Good metro transit in the area.......They have parking with a valet
Their people are very accommodating to assist.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 18 August 2013

It is 11:40 pm on 8/17/2013. I called a representative in this hotel. Because I complain terrible experiences of last nights. I'm Korean like them. But I scoled harshly to weaned it from its bad habits(clean up, quality) but it glanced off it although I spoke in Korean. The representative just told me that I stayed at the same room like its homepage photos. And he didn't agree to my complaint after checking out. He also didn't offer any apology. I was more of reproved that I didn't complain that nights. He told me, " I don't care about it. Have it your own way. write any reviews please yourself. I can't inform you a president of this hotel. I'm busy. I can't make call long.". He seemed to be suffered so many gripes. I'm deeply ashamed of my countryman's behavior. I came to USA a year ago. I have never experienced the quality like this hotel in my country and in the USA. I can't repress my astonishment. I only attach my pictures that I took that night. Such was the case as other guests.
I just was hoping that this hotel could to be improved and realized the status. I think that nobody manage hotel business in Korea. Furthermore there is no one group of hotel in the USA. Then don't do that no more. Don't lead to a lot of people astonished. The monopolistic structure of the market harms consumers. If we had not contract via priceline.com bidding, we wouldn't have experienced it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank arongi
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here while on business in K-Town. Rooms are small, old and shabby, but they were clean. Bathroom was really old and tired; the sink and shower had major cracks in them. Yes, this hotel has seen many better days.

There was a small table with two chairs in my room, but the table was not really large enough to serve as a desk and the chair wasn't tall enough to accommodate using a laptop comfortably. The chair was amazingly uncomfortable as well.

When I got to my room, the odor in the hallway was less than pleasant. The odor was just as bad in the morning when I departed. It was hard to identify the actual odor, but it was a cross between sewage and burning plastic.

Service at the front desk was efficient but not necessarily warm and friendly.

The wifi is free and works well.

Despite the spartan accommodations, the highlight of my stay was breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Do not miss the opportunity to enjoy their Korean breakfast soups, which were simply delicious. Breakfast at the hotel was worth staying at the JJ Grand.

Would I stay here again? Not my first choice, but I've certainly stayed in worse places.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business