“Can no longer recommend this property”
Review of Los Banos Motel

Los Banos Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Los Banos
Reviewed 20 February 2013

In my March, 2012 review of this motel I said that it was clean and comfortable and, though older, was well maintained and comfortable. Unfortunately, in my February, 2013, stay I found it had slipped considerably. While the staff were as cordial and helpful as the last time, the room was definitely not as clean or well maintained. The carpet, especially, was "gross" to say the least. The coffee maker appeared not to have been cleaned; I wouldn't use it. The drapes covered the heater/ AC which meant that when engaged they flew out across the room. Sadly, I'll look else where on my next trip through the central valley.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank nwnative44

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here when hunting. Found two bed bugs on the sheets in the morning. At least we got a refund, but we can only pray that washing our stuff in hot water and a hot dryer will prevent them coming home with us. The manager didn't want to believe that there were bedbugs, but since we caught them for his proof, there's not much he could say. I hope they get exterminators and take this seriously, because bedbugs are no joke! They're a nightmare if you're part of the 30% of the population that has reactions to their bites (like me), and they're clever little buggers that travel well between rooms.

Aside from the bedbugs, this is your standard roadside motel. No frills. Norman Bates style. Outdated. Shower is hot, though. If you're a hunter, this place is just fine for a place to get some sleep. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Room Tip: Room 112 had the bedbugs. I don't know about the other rooms, but wouldn't trust them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Angela H
Reviewed 5 March 2012

As a frequent traveler in the U.S. and abroad, I've discovered that the age of a hotel property is not necessarily an indication of cleanliness or comfort. The Los Banos Motel is the perfect example. I found this motel to be extremely clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very cordial and willing to answer any questions. The bed was soft as I like it. Though it doesn't offer a breakfast, for the price offered on line one can easily add in breakfast at one of the nearby restaurants. The wifi worked well in my room. I would highly recommend this motel. Their pet friendly policy was a bonus for me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nwnative44
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Overall its a wonderful place to stay the staff (mngrs.) are curteous and friendly.. I stayed for an extended stay and got great service, noticed they had certain companies staying there for there temporary living quarters for work which is awesome. They have big spacious rooms and kitchen area with table, counter top and sink with a mini fridge. Bathrooms are spacious. Maid service was excellent! Fast clean service all around. They have laundry area very inexpensive. Parking lot area well maintained. I really enjoyed our stay there. I will definately stay here again no doubt.. It is absolutely a home away from home. Thank you Los Banos Motel

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Pleasantly surprised. At first look I had reservations about this interesting little hotel in the middle of the central Valley. The rooms are clean and on the level of Days Inn or the equivalent. The management was attentive and polite despite some problems caused by Travelocity …… they forgot to contact the hotel and make a reservation for us. The management was pleasant and quick in resolving the problem. We had 2 double beds, cable and a/c. A quick walk to the shopping center and a short ride to the wonderful little parks sprinkled around the town. The only down side was the closeness to the main intersection West of the Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sl1953
Reviewed 18 May 2008

A few of us stayed here for a couple of weeks, we loved the rooms! They are newly remodeled, very cozy big rooms with a small area that you can make into a makeshift kitchen & a good size kitchen table, desk also and great wireless. The beds are also quite comfortable and dogs are permited. The staff is very nice and accomodating, in fact when our job was done we stayed an extra week just to relax and hang out. The motel is still under some remodeling, but no work is started until 9 am so you are able to sleep in. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank 3cruizers
Reviewed 2 March 2008

I am a contractor, and work away from my home town often, so I look for the best price for the best rooms, I have found that Los Banos Motel has hit home on both needs, the added appeal is the rooms are more like a home setting, as a contractor I look at the building and layout of the rooms, and my hat is off to the designers, and builders, compairing to other places I stay, the people at this Motel have put some thought, and care to the finished look. I will continue to stay there in the future.

Bob Perez Const Co.