“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Three Degrees Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Three Degrees Restaurant, Bar and Patio belongs on any short list of the best of Los Gatos. The name reflects the welcoming charm of our small-town community, while the menu reflects the best in locally sourced, farm-fresh produce. Drawing inspiration from the slow-food movement, our executive chef creates dishes focusing on straightforward contemporary grill cuisine.
Los Altos, California
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

After reading the reviews that were less than glowing, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and service. I would suggest giving it a second chance.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Luv2Trvlcheap
ManagerLG, Manager at Three Degrees Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thanks very much for the vote of confidence! Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Santa Clara, California
“Great FOOD and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The food is great and the staff is even better! The staff really make the experience worthwhile! We really enjoyed the food for a multi-day event for 150 people. It was always delicious!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank sarah t
Hello Sarah,

We are delighted to hear about your experience, and thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Saratoga, California
“Great Food; Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had an extended stay at the Toll House, and ate regularly at this wonderful restaurant. Michael Wilson, Kimberly Dolan, Hector and Jenn all made us feel comfortable here, and so at home. We enjoyed each and every meal. The food is fantastic. We also reserved a used a private room at Three Degrees for a family dinner for Thanksgiving of 2013, and could not have had a more perfect experience. Thank you, Three Degrees, for taking such great care of us.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marcia R
ManagerLG, Manager at Three Degrees Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you, Marcia! We are always delighted to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Los Gatos, California
“Needs new management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner at Three Degrees on Friday night (Dec 27). When we began to order our meals, our waiter (Sergio) realized we had been given obsolete menus as nothing we ordered was available. After reviewing the new menu and placing our order, Sergio returned to our table to inform my boyfriend that the ($18) glass of Cab he ordered (from the new menu!) was no longer available. Huh??? At this point, we were pretty frustrated and didn't trust the new menu, so I suggested the restaurant simply comp my boyfriend a comparable glass of Cab (i.e., the bar tender could decide the wine). Sergio was highly apologetic and said he’d see what he could do. Then the restaurant manager (Kimberly) came to our table with an unopened bottle of Cab and told us she’d pour us a glass but she wouldn’t comp it (she said she'd give us two desserts, instead). Since we didn't want dessert, Kimberly became belligerent and told us that Three Degrees is only a small hotel restaurant and that we shouldn’t be expecting a 5-star experience. Ultimately, we received the comp’d glass of wine, along with the two delicious entrees we ordered, but not the pleasant dining experience we were expecting. Even though we greatly appreciated the apologies we received from the hostess (Darcy) and Sergio, the fact that Kimberly never offered an apology for the frustrating experience and treated us with such belligerence left us with a terrible impression. It's a sure sign that something is amiss when Three Degrees is nearly empty while other restaurants in Los Gatos are filled to capacity,

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
My name is Glen, and I am the new Three Degrees restaurant manager as of February 2014. Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for your unpleasant experience in December of 2013. Kimberly is no longer with the Toll House Hotel, and again, I would like to apologize for her unprofessionalism. We would very much like the opportunity to make things right. Please ask for me upon your next visit, and I will personally ensure a fantastic dining experience.

Los Gatos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor customer service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My girlfriend and I went for dinner hoping for a quiet evening together. When we were seated, we ordered a cocktail and looked at our menus. When the waiter returned with our drinks, we began to place our order. Nothing we ordered was available because we had been given "old" menus. So now we waited until a new menu was brought. When it finally arrived, we made our selections. A few minutes later, our waiter came back and told me the wine I had chosen was no longer available, even though it was on the new menu. The waiter gave me a menu to chose another wine. I asked if all the selections on the menu were available and if not, which were not available. He told me he did not know what wines were or were not available.

At that point my girlfriend suggested that he bring me a glass of the best cab he had available and comp it. He said he would see if that was possible and went off to speak to the restaurant manager, Kimberly. By now our meals had arrived and I had no wine to drink with my meal. After almost 10 minutes, Kimberly came to our table with a bottle of wine in her hand. She told me that she would not comp me a glass of wine. Then why bring the bottle with her? Her attitude was belligerent from the start, as if we had done something wrong, making us fell as if we had to justify our displeasure. We explained ourselves but her poor people skills made her start arguing with us rather than listening to our concerns.

In the end, after arguing with me, she comp'd me a glass of wine. But the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended). We went there to have a nice meal and relax, not argue with a twenty something manager with what seemed to be no people or restaurant skills...

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ray M
Again, my name is Glen, and I am the new Three Degrees restaurant manager as of February 2014. Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for your unpleasant experience in December of 2013. Kimberly is no longer with the Toll House Hotel, and again, I would like to apologize for her unprofessionalism. We would very much like the opportunity to make things right with you and your girlfriend who also posted her displeasure. Please ask for me upon your next visit, and I will personally ensure a fantastic dining experience.