“Great Food and Wonderful Service”
Review of Aldo's Cafe

Aldo's Cafe
Ranked #54 of 168 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is really not a deli by any means. It is a full service restaurant. I don't know why they don't change the name. We dine there at least once a week and take out another night. Our favorites are chicken picatta, lasagna, chicken parm, and mozzarella caprese. Sometimes they have a meatball special that is delicious and also the salmon picatta is great too. It reminds us a lot of a local restaurant in NY. The service is just incredible and the servers are so friendly. It's our most favorite place in Los Gatos.

1  Thank Orlando1944

Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of the most authentically Italian restaurants in Silicon Valley, Aldo's is unpretentious and offers great food with quick, friendly service. Unlike most of Los Gatos, parking is a breeze here and at the other Aldo's location too.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

By the way there are two Restaurants with the Name Aldos, both belonging to the same owner. If you have a chance to meet him it will be more in the one at the Winchester Blvd.
The Food is above average and the Steak was perfect and affordable.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Aldo's was suggested by a gentleman I was meeting for a business lunch. I expected a charming, heart-of-Los Gatos experience, what I got was directions to a strip mall and one of the best meals I've ever had.

White tablecloths, perfect place settings, just enough noise to make it fun but still conduct our meeting, more than enough courtesy and excellent service from the staff set Aldo's apart from your regular deli, but the menu clinched the deal.

Because this was business, I didn't want to fight my food. I ordered the jumbo shrimp salad, my companion ordered the squash ravioli. Neither disappointed. The jumbo shrimp (I couldn't believe the size of them) were wrapped in bacon and set in a marvelously light sauce. The arugula salad was generous, topped with a perfect portion of fresh parmesan and a light lemon dressing. It was truly an amazing dish. The squash ravioli were equally as good - yep, even though this was business and we were strangers we shared because the food was so exquisite. I am not a huge fan of ravioli or squash, but I was bowled over by this dish. Both pasta and filling were made with the squash and were buttery golden making a pleasing presentation. I think I may be a squash convert because of this dish. I appreciated the generous - but not overly-generous - portions, the service, and the atmosphere.

For anyone traveling in Northern California, Aldo's is worth veering off the beaten path!

1  Thank RebeccaForster
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

The Insalada del Casa was excellent.
The Veal Piccata was excellent.
The service was excellent.
The bottom line: Excellent.