“Great, going again”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Berkeley, California
“Great, going again”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is one of the best food experiences I have ever had. Nice job everybody. We had a wonderful time. I wish I could take you home with me and cook everyday.

• Visited July 2013

Cave Creek, Arizona
“The best place to eat in Los Gatos”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

If only we had come here BEFORE we went the other Michelin starred places in Los Gatos. Nick's served the very best food in Los Gatos. So good, that we came back for lunch the next day. We had a party of eight so we had everything; Great meatloaf, incredible short ribs, wonderful scallops. We also had someone in our group who had special dietary needs and they were met with elegance and good grace. Nick stopped by to see how we were doing but we didn't need him b/c our waiter was awesome. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
Atherton, California
“Great spot for lunch, terrific people and wonderful salad”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The crab salad was terrific and the service exceptional. Most importany, Nick is a terrific host. This is a place everyone should go...often. I had lunch with an old friend and we both thought it was great. I'm going back and next time we'll both take our wives. Don't miss this place.

• Visited August 2013
Cupertino, California
“No Doubt in My Mind”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Clearly this is one of the top 5 restaurants in Silicon Valley and a must try for any traveler to the Valley. The owner is hands on and never falters to the best of my knowledge. His grandmother taught him how to cook and she trained him very well including his table side manor; yes, he visits every table and talks with his patrons. I can't say any more than -- this is the place you have been searching for to have a great meal and dining experience. I/we really like the mussels; Nick’s perfection.

Oh yes; he has moved just down the street and changed the name to Nick's Next Door; clever don't you think?

Be sure to click on his website for the correct address.

• Visited September 2012
Manteca
“Can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We live in the Central Valley and are pretty well "culinarily" deprived! We came to San Jose to take some friends to dinner (AND get a "food fix") and I decided to look up restaurants on Tripadvisor. Found Nick's!!! Wonderful experience from beginning to end! (Love you Tripadvisor people!) I had a starter of Duck Confit with drunken cherries on a bed of polenta..excellent!
For an entree I had Lamb Chop Lollipops with basil gnocchi and petit haricots verte. We shared a side of Brussel Sprouts that came grilled with Porkbelly....OMG! Best I've ever had!! Everyone at the table had something different and all loved theirs...but voted mine the best! Nick is buzzing around the dining areas and talking to customers as well as working. He just had his first child 3 months ago (a daughter) and is doing something unique for her. The bill comes stuck in a book about food and dinner patrons are invited to write something about their dining experience on it's pages. Nick plans to give it to his daughter someday. If your ever going to be anywhere near Los Gatos make sure you eat there (be forewarned....make reservations 2-3 weeks in advance....they were turning away people at the door).

• Visited July 2013