“Littel Gem”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Hong Kong, China
“Littel Gem”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my fourth stay at the hotel and felt I should write it up. Quintessential California- Spanish look and feel. Great friendly service, nice patio deck to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening, a dip in the pool. Rooms are not huge but nicely appointed, comfy bed, and coffee machine is a god send when u have jet lag, as I always do.

Walking distance to the village of Los Gatos, plenty of dining options although don't expect much late night stuff. They have free access to a gym close by, but I just enjoyed running the village streets early every morning. Good access to Santa Cruz area, or San Jose if you are on business.

Room Tip: Well I had one facing the rear, which didnt have much of a view, but was super quiet. I have never s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Good Day. It great to hear that after 4 different stays with us, you are a fan of the hotel and Los Gatos. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Very lovely and charming. Danielle was very accommodating and saw to all my needs. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to go back or suggest to others. To top it off, to eat at a Michelin star restaurant dio deka. Pool Was clean and refreshing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Los Gatos. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are proud to have Danielle on our team and appreciate you letting us know.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great location. Easy walk to town. Staff was fabulous. Rooms are older but still charming, and bedding and towels looked new.
Cons: Internet was sketchy and they allow smoking on balconies. I woke up and had to shut the window to avoid the smoke.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the comments in areas we can improve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel room was booked by a family member. I looked it up online and it looked great. Upon arrival to the rather small room, I was a bit put off by the satiny comforter on the bed. As I suspected it would, it slipped off of the bed with the slightest movement. I finally dumped it into the closet as there wasn't a place to store it.

When I went on an exhaustive search for an ice machine, I ran into an employee who informed me that there wasn't ice available to guests, but he would be happy to bring some to my room. (I hadn't noticed the line in the hotel room materials that stated that.) So, if you're not a cretin, you tip the fellow. For all intents and purposes, this made the ice a purchased item. I passed.

The continental breakfast cost $10.00. A la carte items were available for a fee. For the price of the room, even when obtained at a discount, as ours was, I was stunned to find that breakfast wasn't included.

There was a noisy party going on until about 12:45 (the guide requested that noise cease at 11:00).

As for the room map, it was unreadable, making it difficult to navigate the warren of halls.

Internet access was free, thankfully, which is how I'm able to write this review.

On a positive note, the location is lovely, but I will look for a Best Western (or some such) in the future.

Previous reviews I've seen for this hotel included a rather treacly response from management stating how glad they are to receive criticism as that's the only way they know what to improve. I would prefer not to receive such an attempt at a lame apology.

Sandi

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi A
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your email. I sincerely appreciate your comments.
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This lovely hotel is located about 2 1/2 blocks from the town square. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and linens are luxurious. Parking is underground with access to an elevator for all floors in the back section. A breakfast is available but not complimentary. Restaurants and shops are all within walking distance. San Jose, Saratoga, Cupertino and the coast are all very close if you want to go exploring. Treat yourself. You'll enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Texas-Twosome-31
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your honest and candid review of our hotel. Comments like yours allow us to make needed changes for all to enjoy. Please be assured we will address the concerns and make a team effort to correct. We hope to see you again soon in Los Gatos.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for just one night in the Junior Suite. Extremely comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. We did disclose we had three people and needed the pull out bed but it was not made up properly. Besides that...we'd definitely stay here again. Lovely and Los Gatos is a fun town for all ages to enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain side room away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bodie2008
The team was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have addressed your challenge with the extra bed and appreciate you letting us know. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Fresno, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for a night following a business engagement in nearby Santa Cruz. Having driven a very long way to get to Santa Cruz followed by another (albeit much shorter) drive to Los Gatos, we were looking forward to a quiet, relaxing evening which is mostly what we got. Upon arriving mid afternoon we were warmly greeted by the front desk personnel and quickly checked into our room. The reception is the front building of the property while the rooms are located across a courtyard/pool area, so it gave an excellent opportunity to see the property as we walked to our room.

The pool area is a bit small, but very nice to relax in. There was a notation in the hotel information that snacks and beverages could be ordered poolside however it wasn't quite clear how and there was not any staff attending the pool area while we were there (about 2 hours), which was disappointing but not a deal breaker. It was peaceful and quiet until we were joined by a crowd getting an early start on their weekend party mode.

The hotel decor is done with a heavy "spanish hacienda" influence; lovely but VERY DARK. Again, it is lovely but we had to turn on nearly every light in the room so we had adequate lighting. Our room did have a large window with heavy, dark drapery that could be pulled back for ambient light but you need to close it if you want any privacy because the rooms look out on to public areas (ours looked out onto what appeared to be a city parking lot butted up against a hillside). The scenery outside the window was pleasant and we kept the window open when privacy wasn't an issue. The room itself was quite small which was fine for an overnight visit. If I had to be there more than a couple of days it would have been too confining for me. It was quiet for the most part, but we could easily hear the conversation in the neighboring room, which was a little irritating at 6:30 a.m. Beds were ok, the sheets were wonderfully soft and the soaps/shampoos were very nice. The bathroom was almost as big as the room, which was interesting considering it was moderate sized room - it re-enforced how small the sleeping area was.

The onsite restaurant, Dio Deka, was AMAZING! That was one of the most enjoyable meals we have had in a restaurant in a long time. Wonderful food, excellent service, and intimate setting made it perfect. I highly recommend Dio Deka as part of a visit to the hotel, or in Los Gatos (hotel reservation or not). I think that would be the main reason I would return to the property.

The hotel is located directly across the street from a high school and not far from downtown boutique shops (easily walkable). The location was ok, but if you prefer to be a little more central to city attractions other than window shopping, you might want to consider San Jose. Overall it was an ok stay and I would consider returning if I need to be in the general area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maryannestravel
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We take your comments very seriously and will work as a team to find long-term solutions. We're very happy to hear you will return to us if in the area and look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#3 of 9 in Campbell

Been to Hotel Los Gatos? Share your experiences!