“Good Breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, 3 teens & I ate here on our way down the coast from San Jose. It was recommended by a local and he did NOT steer us wrong. We were warmly greeted by 2 different people and given a table right away. My husband had the Crab Benedict, I had the California Benedict, one son had the Flank Steak (w/ scrambled eggs), & my 2 other children had the cinnamon French toast. The Hollandaise sauce didn't taste like it came from a mix, but it didn't taste "from scratch", either. But, it was good. The Benedicts both came with home made fried potatoes. The portions were more than we could eat, so although it may seem pricey, you're paying for what you get. My son said his flank steak was marinated & cooked to perfection; not salty & not overcooked! The cinnamon French toast is made from thick slices of cinnamon bread & served w/ butter & syrup. HUGE portion! They loved it! I had some of their leftovers for "dessert". I highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the area.

1  Thank Sprtyfan

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place is a friendly and delightful place to eat in Los Gatos. I recommend the standard bacon and eggs. There is plenty of food, so don't worry about taking the extra home. Get there early on Sunday as the Los Gatos Cafe comes alive with customers.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place has great food, awesome service, I love the Eggs, pancakes and the waffles are soooo good! Just are amazing. I will go back when in town. This is a great local spot s you know the food is good.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Los Gatos Cafe is breakfast food from a short order cook and nothing more. What's interesting is they have the audience to upgrade their menu and really take it to the next level. Eggs, pancakes, waffles and heavy uninteresting potatoes has had its day.

There are so many things they could do to upgrade their menu.. Gluten free pancakes and waffles, more fruit options... More potato options besides the grool they call potatos. I mean even tater tots are more interesting. Want to spice it up, add some breakfast burritos that inspire the mind and stomach.... Cmon, you are in Los Gatos, we are used to paying more for breakfast.. We are also used to paying extra for healthy, inspiring, tasty choices...

Otherwise, my review is that you could go to Denny's and get the same options for 1/5 the price:)

Sorry guys, I have been going to your place for over 17 years and its time for a menu upgrade.

2  Thank battmast
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The wait time is worth the food. Fresh, large, delicious portions, pleasant, acommodatinig waitpersons. Reasonable prices. Highly recommend. I only wish this restaurant could expand their seating capacity. I also wish they were open for dinner.

1  Thank epruch