“Great steak”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Royce Ave.
Salinas
“Great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We got there when it opened at 5 pm on a Friday, and were the first ones there, and for a while we were the only ones in the restaurant. We were glad we did this, as by the time we left it was very crowded and noisy. The caesar salad was very good, and the new england clam chowder was very creamy. The steak was very good (had the filet), and the side of mushrooms were yummy. The dessert was smaller than I at first thought it was going to be, but it was so rich that it was the right size to be able to finish it. For a Los Gatos location and a steakhouse, it was well priced.

• Visited September 2013

Rome, Italy
“Good place for a business dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

If you like meat, this is the place for you.
The selection they have is impressive and preparation is well done.
I've not been impressed by side meals that were a bit to "heavy" and fat according to me.
This is not a cheap plese

• Visited September 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Delicious is one of the words I rarely use. At this restaurant it is one of the first words I think of. Went here with a group of people for a nice Steak. Staff were excellent and the service was great too. The Filet Mignon was Delicious !!

• Visited September 2012
Los Gatos, California, United States
“Incredible food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I love Forbes Mil Steakhouse. The food is amazing and the service impeccable. The filet was cooked to perfection - I could cut it with a butter knife!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Christine M
San Jose, CA
“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We are looking for a nice steak house and Forbes Mill was recommended to us by a friend. Located in Los Gatos which is really very nice town. We came here on a Friday and we were impressed with the total ambiance. The service was great. The staff all looked very professiional. The music was just the right volume in the background unlike other places that we can't hear our own voices. The dress code is business casual and I can say it's really comfy that way. I ordered the seafood risotto and I rate it as very good. My husband ordered the fillet mignon and he said it was excellent. And as a dessert, I ordered the chocolate lava cake which is also very good. Overall, it was a great dining experience I will recommend it and will definitely come back.

• Visited July 2013