“Delicious”
Review of I Gatti

I Gatti
Reserve with OpenTable
I Gatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 164 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Atmosphere was very nice. Menu selections were great - hard to choose. Service was excellent - hostess and waitress were wonderful. Glad we got there early - it got noisy as the dining room filled up.

There are newer reviews for I Gatti

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A little gem on a quaint street. The restaurant has a few tables inside and on the patio. I tried their pastas that seem to be their specialty and liked them. Nothing overly unique about the menu, but the people who run it are fun, seem to add their own flair to the place and is a good place to go either as a couple or with a small group.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The food and atmosphere at iGatti are worth 4 stars, but a few things brought that down a notch.

The food was quite good. I started with a nice size Caesar Salad with an interesting combination of ingredients and followed it with a very tasty Chicken Parmesan. My wife and one half of the couple had a Caesar and the 2nd half of that couple had a beet salad. For entrees, 2 people had that night's "special"...Petrale Sole...while another person had a seafood and linguine dish. For dessert, I had a flourless chocolate brownie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream which I partially shared with my wife. Actually, I let her take a few bites. The other couple split a "caramel basket". Everyone had nice things to say, though IGatti's rendition of my dessert was not as good or as large ( for the same price ) as Steamer's.

Now for the downbeat. All of us like bread. The first basket had 5 small pizza shaped slices which looked and tasted like pita. They were warm and went well with the cheese spread brought to the table. That lasted about 1 minute, so we asked for another. We got another 5 slices, but these were more like triangular hockey pucks at room temperature. That's not the way to score with most fans.

Service was about as efficient as possible when the server seemed to be assigned to 1/2 the restaurant. Good thing she was young and able to run.

One other note. When the dessert menu was delivered after our entrees were cleared, I opened mine to find the right hand side slathered in a gooey sauce so thick it made Crazy Glue feel like a fine wine. After pulling my hands from that vat of oils, I asked the server for a less disgusting menu. She obliged, but we were a bit surprised she didn't offer something "on the house". When your last impression of a rather expensive meal ( $117.45 plus tip ) is "I need a shower", that does not help the cause of the restaurant.

Otherwise, it was an uneventful and pleasant dinner.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This had the look of a real restaurant, in this upscale town, so we gave it a try.Service was slow and a bit indifferent to start, although it was on the late side (9pm?) and the restaurant was not crowded. Enjoyed a good drink after our long flight, then a delicious pear salad special. My meatballs and spaghetti were below average; maybe I should expect that based on what I ordered, but that night I felt that was what I wanted. The dish could have been labelled"meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, with a bit of spaghetti thrown in". I was disappointed. However, my instinct is to give it another try and order something else next time; the place is one of the best laid out and attractive that we saw in Los Gatos

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Service was welcoming, food was good though nothing earth shattering. Would happily go again for a relaxed meal.