“Los Gatos Vasona Park”

Vasona Lake County Park
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Los Gatos
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fantastic place for kids. Includes a carousel and a railroad in addition to open fields and a nesting of a endangered Great Blue Heron. Also, dozens of Snowiy White herons nest on an Island near the North Shore and near the dam.

There are newer reviews for Vasona Lake County Park

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is one of my favorite places to walk. It is a beautiful sting, the lake has a lot of birds. There are plenty of pick nick place and with the exception of the places around the boat rental it is not very crowded. For little kids the little steam train is a real treat.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love riding my mountain bike around the percolation ponds up past the lakes and all the way up to Lexington Reservoir but the dog walkers with a leash stretched across the bike path and mommies pushing strollers three across on the bike path can be a real pain! As a rule, most people are polite but they seem to forget that there is a yellow striped line on the path for a reason! Slower traffic should ALWAYS stay to the right especially around blind curves...We bike riders will slow around the curves but I hope everyone just uses some common sense while enjoying the park...Have a Great Day!

1  Thank Rick_W96
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Peace and wonderful scenery with the Lake and wildlife including the children. Lots of trails and tables for eating and resting.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have been going to Vasona Park for the last 15 years and never tire of it. I go there by myself for a walk with my dog. I have taken my young children there for the playground, to have a picnic, wade in the creek and for picking wild berries. My now teenage kids go there for picnics and to hang out. They have had birthday celebrations there and have rented kayaks and paddle boats for their friends. We have set up a volleyball net and had a day long picnic. Vasona goes into Oak Meadow park and that is a wonderful park for kids with its Billy Jones railway train, old fashioned carousel and the playground that has an airplane. There is the nearly endless creek trail that runs through Vasona which is fantastic for walking, biking, rollerblading or running. It's a wonderful, wonderful park!