Los Gatos Lodge
Toll House Hotel(Los Gatos)
US$226
US$197
Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos(Los Gatos)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$290
Bristol Hotel(Campbell)
US$156
Carlyle Hotel(Campbell)
US$144
US$112
Motel 6
Saratoga Oaks Lodge(Saratoga)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$199
The Inn at Saratoga(Saratoga)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$213
Hotels.com
Garden Inn Hotel(Los Gatos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe santa cruz mountainssilicon valleyliving roomfree breakfastplumbingfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Average motel in heart of Los Gatos. Affordable pricing. Small gym, pool, free wifi. If you get a room facing the field there will be matching band practice on Sunday mornings. Entertaining to say the least!

• Stayed: August 2013
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! It sounds as though you were satisfied with your stay. I hope you'll think of staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I found the Los Gatos Lodge to be excellent value for money. The rooms were basic but they were clean and comfortable. Although I spent most of my time out and about any time I was in the room was fine. The complementary Continental breakfast was more than adequate to get you started in the morning. I have no complaints about anything. The Los Gatos Lodge was definitely better than I expected.

Room Tip: The upper floor room had less noise from the car park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, Alex! We really appreciate your positive feedback! I'm so happy to hear you were so pleased with your accommodations. Providing our customers with the best possible rate and value for the Los Gatos area is what we pride ourselves on. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations on all counts! Hope you'll think of staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

After booking my stay I saw some very negative reviews regarding this particular lodge BUT having stayed there 2 nights this past week, it truely EXCEEDED my EXPECTATIONS:
From the lobby.front desk personel, cleanliness, Bar & Grill, customer service, grounds I was more than pleasantly surprised. It is not the Hampton but it more than met my needs and what a wonderful setting - grounds were beautiful.
I can see that they are up grading their furniture in the rooms as needed and decor but I WILL BE BACK - It was just a few miles from the Oakridge Mall which was where I was doing business on this stay.
I felt completely safe and enjoyed the atmosphere of a quiet gettaway at the end of a work day!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kevinlortie

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Kevin! We sincerely appreciate it! We could not be happier to hear your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing our guests the best possible experience at an affordable rate. It's wonderful to know that's exactly what you received! Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Gatos.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The best thing about staying here was the amusement it provided, laughing at how utterly inadequate it is. The couch in our room had visible stains, as did our bed cover. The couch upholstery had also been chewed to threads in 2 places by a dog. We stayed in a suite, and the door to our bedroom was so warped it was impossible to close. Ordered the chinese chicken salad at the bar and grill and after an interminable wait found that they'd forgotten the chicken. Had 4 guests checked into our room and had to call the front desk to ask for enough towels, soap, etc.

The grounds are nice enough, but the rooms are disgusting. Your dog might like it, but you won't.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SalinasDave
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We take a lot of pride in our property, it's disheartening to know you found it to be inadequate for your needs.

As you know, we do allow our guests to bring their dogs. This accounts for the damage to some of our furniture, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We are in the process of purchasing new couches for our suites and will take your feedback into account and make sure they get taken care of them properly. We also offer the most affordable price in the Los Gatos area. To do so we have to sacrifice some luxury. Although, we are in the process of updating several of our rooms in hopes of offering a better experience to our guests.

On another note, I'll be sure to share your concerns with the grill. It's never our intention to have you wait so long for your meal. I apologize with the mix-up with your order. I too would have been disappointed and will speak to my staff to make sure they orders are taken and made properly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Our rooms are prepared for 2 guests at a time, which accounts for the lack of towels and soap in your room. As you mentioned, if more are necessary, we are always more than happy to provide them for you. If you have any further concerns, feel free to contact me at creyes@losgatoslodge.com.

Take care,

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This place gets 3 "stars," simply because of the staff. Otherwise, I would have given it 2 at most.

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a wedding in the area. As far as Los Gatos hotels go, the Lodge is certainly one of the most affordable and is also quite conveniently located -- just off the freeway ramp and a quick drive from the quaint downtown Los Gatos.

The hotel reminded me more of a nicer motel with an outdoorsy feel (units surround a small putting green). I didn't mind this context, since I knew it was a cheaper place to stay, but our experience over the following night made the stay overall underwhelming.

We had a queen room that was a bit musty and in need of spiffing up. First thing I noticed was that the room did not have enough lighting -- only a bedside lamp to illuminate the entire room. The windows were missing solid curtains -- VERY uncomfortable. The wifi connection was also very weak, despite our room being right next to the unit's router. The clincher: our night's sleep was disturbed for hours by very loud conversation next door, and our bathroom smelled like smoke in the morning (assuming smoke had come up through the outdoor vents). The front desk staff did try to address the noise by calling the neighbors and then going over, but it was only after many attempts that the noise finally quieted down in the wee hours of the morning.

The next day, the staff handled our complaint well and moved us to another room. After moving once again, we finally had a new room in a quieter area. This one seemed more recently renovated and also had curtains, but still only a bedside lamp for lighting. The wifi also did not connect here, but was well functioning in the front desk area. This 2nd night, we slept well.

While I very much appreciate the staff's efforts and courtesy, I still would not recommend this place -- which is unfortunate, given the great locale.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily G
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback, Emily. While I'm glad our warm and attentive staff made your experience more enjoyable, I'm sad our accommodations didn't live up to expectations. It sounds like your first room was one of our older rooms, as we're currently in the process of making updates and upgrades.

As you noted, we tried our best to quiet down your neighbors, but it seems we were unsuccessful. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience they caused you. However, I'm glad we were able to move you into one of our updated rooms the second night, your comfort and satisfaction are top priorities of ours.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to our lighting, we'll definitely take it into consideration as we continue to update our property. I hope you'll give us another chance should you ever return. I know we can provide you with the delightful and relaxing stay you deserve.