“Beautiful Jr. Suite”

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed in a lovely and spacious Jr. Suite on Valentine's Day. We were instantly thrilled with both the size, location, and cleanliness of the room. They offered great amenities like an electric fireplace, flat screen TV, wireless Internet, and the bathroom was stocked with all the toiletries one would ever need while staying away from home. The bed was a little lumpy upon first encounter, but overall it wasn't too bad. The only downside to our experience was that of noise. We had a rumpus neighbor above us who was banging around ALL night and into the wee hours of the morning. I mean, it sounded like they were dropping bowling bowls on the floor, that's how loud it was. When I made the reservation is asked specifically for the highest floor, but were given the 2nd instead of 3rd floor. My fault for not speaking up. Anyway, we got absolutely no sleep that night. Finally, around 9am, after our upstairs neighbors had obviously moved around all of the furniture in their room all night long, I called the front desk to complain. The front desk associate was so completely kind, and offered to give my boyfriend and me 2 coupons for breakfast that morning. I was so grateful that they understood my complaint, sympathized, and did something about it immediately. We paid decent money for that Jr Suite, and because of the noise, this was the proper way to handle the situation on their end. Breakfast was lovely, as was our server. Very kind and warm. We love this hotel and will definitely be back. Just be aware that the walls are thin, so ask for the 3rd floor!

Room Tip: Request Highest floor, which is the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGoddess86
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear TravelGoddess86,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay as we truly appreciate your comments. I apologize about the noise you experienced while you were here but am pleased to hear that our team followed up and provided you a nice breakfast in the morning and handled your complaint promptly. We all look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful weekend!

There are newer reviews for Toll House Hotel

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We really liked the Toll House Hotel; it's situated in a very convenient location, friendly staff, free and ample parking, comfortable beds, quiet, very clean, and the price is reasonable. The warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in are a nice little gesture, too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ChelleAnn
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I spent a week at this hotel for a company conference and must say it was enjoyable all the way. Rooms are nice size, bed is comfortable and good bathroom. Staff is very friendly (with special thanks to Abel Veloz, but they all were very nice and helpful). Location is perfect at walking distance from good restaurants and stores, so you can enjoy some walking outdoors at this beautiful location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rvmolina
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is the second time in three years that my husband and I have stayed at this hotel as part of a group business meeting.The rooms were clean and comfortable enough, and the bathrobes were really cozy. Location is great, in easy walking distance of quaint downtown Los Gatos. We had a really delicious group dinner in their restaurant. The hotel's greatest asset are the friendly and welcoming staff, especially Pam who can always be seen greeting diners in the hotel lobby!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing into the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Well, it is interesting the a 3 star is "Average" because I would not rate it "Poor", but then neither "Very Good", but "average" rating for this type of hotel isn't that good... to me.
So this is supposed to be a nicer hotel in Los Gatos, in our King 3rd floor room, no fridge, No microwave, no "shower cap" (for my wife) and stuff like that, I like "bars of soap" not the "shower gel pumps", (I felt like I was in Yosemite), pillows are way to uncomfortable (very large, very hard / thick).. No soda machine (yes near guest service you can go buy a coke product only), but I found myself going out to 7-11 to get a Pepsi and snack at 6:30 AM. There is a fancy thermostat in the room, but it does not work, you use the stand hotel unit near the window. Kind of a pain to get into and out of the parking lot... it's like you're at a SF hotel, and they guard parking fiercly.
Positive side, staff is nice, room temp is comfortable, Hotel seems very clean, room carpet was clean.
I live in the area, my work bought the room for the night since we had a function at the winery.
Oh, the "free" Wi-Fi is very spotty and "iffy", they give an option of paying for better service in your room... What do you mean? It's either there or not!
Would I stay again? If it was paid for, yes... if I had to pay... well, it would have to be a a good price... I'd really have think about it...or make sure I brought some of the things I take for granted at a other hotels.
One thing interesting, front desk person said "This is one of my favorite room views".. see my picture... all I can say is... really?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The hotel does look fancy and the rooms are spacious and nice looking. Bathroom was good but the rest failed for my liking. Bed was too hard so I didn't get a good night's sleep. And since I stayed during winter time it gets cold at night so I needed to have the heat on and it made a rather loud sound. There was no way to run it quietly. Heating system is definitely outdated and bad.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tobbe71
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Tobbe71,

Thank you for taking time to leave us some feedback on your recent stay. Im very sorry to hear that some of the room features didnt meet your expectations. We take pride and try our absolute very best to provide you a great experience that is consistent from start to finish, from our service to our product. I would appreciate an oppourtunity to further look into the room you stayed in to ensure it is meeting our high standards we have for all of our guest rooms. Please contact me at your earliest convienence at abel.veloz@metwestterra.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for sharing and have a great day.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect place almost downtown LosGatos. Rooms are clean and good service. Rate is very reasonable for the area and the possibility to go have dinner by walking is very appealing!
Garage is a little journey in the basement of the hotal but free with possible pass if you get pick-up by friends.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Manue_and_JB,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit. Please come back and visit when you are back in the area. Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

#3 of 75 in San Jose
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!