“Continues to be a wonderful place of rest”
Review of Toll House Hotel

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Gatos, California
“Continues to be a wonderful place of rest”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Returned to the Toll House when in the area for business. Room was very clean and quiet. Took advantage of the hotel restaurant and had an excellent breakfast. The hostess Pam was a familiar face and so friendly and helpful. My waiter Oscar, also a familiar face, customized my order perfectly! When I checked out very early the computer was unavailable (running a batch process?) So the desk clerk offered to email a folio. The receipt came promptly but incorrectly included a premium channel fee for each night. An email back to the hotel resulted in a corrected bill being sent promptly. Ah, almost forgot to mention: Within the past year access gates have been installed. When checking in be sure to pull up close to the gate on the left side of the building. It will open automatically. I highly recommend Toll House whether for business or leisure!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike H
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Mike H,

Thank you for leaving us a great review and personally recognizing some of our team. We are most delighted to be your hotel of choice whenever your in the area for business, and look forward to your next stay. Hope you are enjoying this great spring weather!

Best Regards,

Abel Veloz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The first staff we encountered in the afternoon were distant and cool though the later, evening staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful, very high ceilings, beautiful moldings and woodwork throughout. The room and linens were lovely but felt cold and forbidding... possibly the very high ceilings...there was no refrigerator, no microwave, the lighting was very poor, the bathroom doors allowed for privacy but gapped so that any air emanating from it into the other parts of the room flowed unimpeded. The room seemed cold even with the heat turned on.
A Pet Package was provided for our small pet. The pet package included a huge plump pet bed, two bowls, a huge treat bone with icing and two other packaged bones. When we travel with our pup we carry her own bed, familiar bowls, food and treats....none of the pet package was requested or welcomed. The staff wanted to charge us $75 for the package and to allow us to keep our pet in our room with us for One night! We felt that this was Outrageous!!
The gated parking was provided under the hotel and though it seemed as if our car had extra protection, one could easily have gotten in or out with a stolen car with just the help of one other person with a car outside to open the "in gate"!
All in all though we would rate the beauty of this hotel an 8, we would not return here ourselves as we like to have more amenities and warmth in our accomodations...we did not feel that compared to other hotels we stayed at on our 3000 mile road trip this was one we would like to return to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear bongirl,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. Im very sorry to hear that you left feeling dissapointed in regards to some of the amenities you felt were lacking. Refrigerators and microwaves come standard in some of our upgraded rooms, and are available based on their availability per your request. With the many guests that travel with their dogs these days, we do provide all the comforts and treats for your pet while you visit us. The $75.00 is a fee for the extra deep cleaning process that our specific pet rooms go through after your departure and I apologive that was not explained to you at check in. All of your comments and feedback have been well received and we do hope on your next road trip that you will reconsider us and be our guest again. Have a wonderful day!

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment I entered this hotel, the staff was practically falling over themselves to make me feel welcome and taken care of. The hotel was very clean; my room was great! Since it was in the heart of Los Gatos, I spent most of time walking around this most beautiful town, that I love. Anyway, the room...the bed was great! The room was bright and clean. I controlled the thermostat, so I kept it nice...just for me.

Again, I can't over-emphasize how wonderful the staff was. No matter what they were doing, when I passed them in the halls, they had a pleasant greeting for me, asked me if I needed anything, and made me feel special. Abel, at the front desk, was amazing! He even helped me with my suitcase and got me ice for my bucket! Really outstanding service.

By the way, the food here is delicious!!! Room service is quick! When I come back, I'm staying here!

Green Features: I am an environmentally-friendly person, so I appreciated this very much.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Amorito43,

Thank you so much for making our day with such a wonderful review! Your feedback about our staff and service is refreshing and inspiring. It was my pleasure to meet you personally and assist you while during your visit. We look forward to your next visit. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!

Yours in hospitality,

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I felt very welcome every time I entered the hotel. The parking was a nice added benefit. The room itself was very large and clean, but sometimes cold. The balcony door was very lose and let a draft in.
But other than that, I thought this hotel was very nice, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Perfect hotel for a work trip
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
elysium246
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was my third time staying at the Toll House as I come to the greater Silicon Valley regularly. The hotel is a fine option and tucked away enough for quietness, but more/less right in the heart of small downtown Los Gatos. The rooms are always small, but comfortable enough. They have the old a/c/heater systems built into the walls, which are functional enough if you need them. Flat screen TVs are the only real modern feel in the rooms.

The restaurant is a decent hotel option, but definitely explore the far superior restaurants in the city if your time warrants.

We arrived late at night and the gentleman working the front desk in the evening was about as competent and professional as what you'd expect from a shady rural Motel. I can't believe the Toll House would allow itself to hire unfriendly, unhelpful staff, especially when we arrive late and night and he is the only representative for the hotel. I'll spare the details of all that transpired that evening, but was cause enough for me to try a different hotel option next time I'm in the city.

On a positive note, they have different types of fresh flavored water (i.e., cucumber, orange) in the lobby that is always a refreshing treat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear elysium246,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Im very pleased to hear you find our rooms comfortable and our location fitting, and am very sorry to hear that you experienced some inconsistencies while interacting with a member of our staff. As a returning guest, im sure you realize that we pride ourselves on offering the best service we can to all of our guests. I would appreciate the oppourtunity to learn more about your experience and the events that transpired, so that I can follow up as necessary. I can be reached directly at abel.veloz@metwestterra.com. I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a wonderful day.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The staff is wonderful- competent and very attentive. Pam is an excellent hostess for the restaurant and sets the tone at breakfast for a lovely day. She, the rest of the restaurant servers, and the main desk staff were extremely pleasant.
The room was very clean, as well as the common areas of the hotel.

Room Tip: we had a quiet room overlooking the parking lot
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear adrienne r,

Thank you for being our guest and recognizing our wonderful staff! We all hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I held a week-long event for 70 people at The Toll House at the end of January 2014. In all my years of hosting events I have never had one go so smoothly and that is all thanks to the wonderful team of experts that represent the Toll House every day. I never heard the word 'no" when I asked for something. There were last minute changes to room set-ups, to menu selections, and room reservations. Not once was there an issue that could not be solved. I was so impressed with the service, team-work, friendliness, and work-ethic of the Toll House team members that I have not stopped sharing my experience with my fellow co-workers. I would like to give a heartfelt and sincere thank you to the entire team for making my meeting a huge success!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Xcine C,

WOW! Thank you for making our day with your kind words! Your comments are truley motivation for our entire team. We hope to host your next big event or any event that you might have in the future. Thank you again and it was our pleasure to have you all here.

Yours in hospitality,

#3 of 9 in Campbell
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!