“Back at the Toll House”

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I went back to the Toll House nearly a year after the first time, and I enjoyed it again. The rooms are large and comfortable, the beds excellent, and things are mostly quiet. My only complaint was that there were not enough outlets to charge all of my devices and I hadn't thought to pack a power strip. I really like this hotel, and I'll stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at the Toll House March 21-23, 2014. This was our second time....the first time was in August 2013. We live in Southern California and go up north to visit very close family friends.
We love the hotel, and the location cannot be beat. This last visit was especially enjoyable, because of Emily at the front desk. Everyone on staff is very nice, but in our estimation, Emily went above and beyond. She was so friendly and helpful, and gave us a room that we especially liked. I believe she is a standout employee, and we will look forward to doing business with her, and the hotel, in the future.
Actually, I was looking for accommodations for this June, and there is nothing available! Apparently we are not the only ones who love staying at your hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel was very nicely decorated and inviting. Easy to access from highway and located literally withing seconds to minutes walking distance to shops and restaurants of all kinds. I would love to return to Los Gatos and would stay at the Toll House.

Pros: location, comfortable beds and pillows, room wasn't large but not cramped, restaurant on premises serving breakfast through dinner, free toll house cookies at front desk, comfortable lobby. Very friendly waitstaff and great service in the restaurant.

Cons: our room was above a banquet room and very noisy. They did shut down the event at 10pm - yay! But guess what...early Sunday morning they were breaking down tables etc. I requested a quiet room when I checked in online...they did offer to move us to another room with a king bed but I was traveling with my son and that wasn't acceptable. Other than that, no complaints.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that is not anywhere near the banquet rooms, unless of course you will be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Travel to San Jose area...once a quarter. (from Seattle). I will be staying at this hotel more often. Nice, clean, comfortable accommodations. I've a couple medical things.. i need to be aware... and this hotel's cleanness passes my test/view.

Los Gatos is about 18 to 22 minutes from most area businesses, and so what. Hotel makes the trip. :)

Bar area nice, cozy. Very good Gibson!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Returned to the Toll House when in the area for business. Room was very clean and quiet. Took advantage of the hotel restaurant and had an excellent breakfast. The hostess Pam was a familiar face and so friendly and helpful. My waiter Oscar, also a familiar face, customized my order perfectly! When I checked out very early the computer was unavailable (running a batch process?) So the desk clerk offered to email a folio. The receipt came promptly but incorrectly included a premium channel fee for each night. An email back to the hotel resulted in a corrected bill being sent promptly. Ah, almost forgot to mention: Within the past year access gates have been installed. When checking in be sure to pull up close to the gate on the left side of the building. It will open automatically. I highly recommend Toll House whether for business or leisure!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike H
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for leaving us a great review and personally recognizing some of our team. We are most delighted to be your hotel of choice whenever your in the area for business, and look forward to your next stay. Hope you are enjoying this great spring weather!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The first staff we encountered in the afternoon were distant and cool though the later, evening staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful, very high ceilings, beautiful moldings and woodwork throughout. The room and linens were lovely but felt cold and forbidding... possibly the very high ceilings...there was no refrigerator, no microwave, the lighting was very poor, the bathroom doors allowed for privacy but gapped so that any air emanating from it into the other parts of the room flowed unimpeded. The room seemed cold even with the heat turned on.
A Pet Package was provided for our small pet. The pet package included a huge plump pet bed, two bowls, a huge treat bone with icing and two other packaged bones. When we travel with our pup we carry her own bed, familiar bowls, food and treats....none of the pet package was requested or welcomed. The staff wanted to charge us $75 for the package and to allow us to keep our pet in our room with us for One night! We felt that this was Outrageous!!
The gated parking was provided under the hotel and though it seemed as if our car had extra protection, one could easily have gotten in or out with a stolen car with just the help of one other person with a car outside to open the "in gate"!
All in all though we would rate the beauty of this hotel an 8, we would not return here ourselves as we like to have more amenities and warmth in our accomodations...we did not feel that compared to other hotels we stayed at on our 3000 mile road trip this was one we would like to return to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear bongirl,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. Im very sorry to hear that you left feeling dissapointed in regards to some of the amenities you felt were lacking. Refrigerators and microwaves come standard in some of our upgraded rooms, and are available based on their availability per your request. With the many guests that travel with their dogs these days, we do provide all the comforts and treats for your pet while you visit us. The $75.00 is a fee for the extra deep cleaning process that our specific pet rooms go through after your departure and I apologive that was not explained to you at check in. All of your comments and feedback have been well received and we do hope on your next road trip that you will reconsider us and be our guest again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment I entered this hotel, the staff was practically falling over themselves to make me feel welcome and taken care of. The hotel was very clean; my room was great! Since it was in the heart of Los Gatos, I spent most of time walking around this most beautiful town, that I love. Anyway, the room...the bed was great! The room was bright and clean. I controlled the thermostat, so I kept it nice...just for me.

Again, I can't over-emphasize how wonderful the staff was. No matter what they were doing, when I passed them in the halls, they had a pleasant greeting for me, asked me if I needed anything, and made me feel special. Abel, at the front desk, was amazing! He even helped me with my suitcase and got me ice for my bucket! Really outstanding service.

By the way, the food here is delicious!!! Room service is quick! When I come back, I'm staying here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Amorito43,

Thank you so much for making our day with such a wonderful review! Your feedback about our staff and service is refreshing and inspiring. It was my pleasure to meet you personally and assist you while during your visit. We look forward to your next visit. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!

Yours in hospitality,

#3 of 75 in San Jose
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#4 of 9 in Campbell

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!