“Little Bit of Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014

An Italian bistro, small, intimate and charming in a town which has become a destination for food lovers. (Los Gatos)

1  Thank floydyale

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Four of us had dinner on a weeknight here, and luckily had made a reservation as it is small and always busy, which means it can also be a bit noisy. We were seated quickly and the service that evening was prompt and friendly. We all got different things; I was pleased to find gnocchi on the menu, and ordered the Salsiccia version. It was delicious, but a very generous portion, and I could not finish all the sauce. The dinners are somewhat pricey, because everything is a la carte---but all the dishes we got were fresh, beautifully plated and served promptly. I would definitely recommend it for some of the best authentic Italian food around----but be sure to call well ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have dined at this small restaurant before and I doubt we will again. One of my favorite Italian dishes is cannelloni and I ordered their crab-filled version. The cannelloni was covered with a nice bechamel sauce but the sauce was almost thicker than my flat cannelloni. It was flat because the crab was non-existent. On my second bite of the first cannelloni I tasted crab and that was it - just enough to claim the filling. As my title suggest, I have had better cannelloni from Lean Cuisine.

The service was good and the waitress and other server were very friendly. My disappointment was with what they served.

2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great selection, small intimate setting, friendly service. I had the calamari with squid ink pasta. Very interesting (and good) flavor. We had out of town guests from work along, and they appreciated a local eatery instead of the chain restaurants.

1  Thank Barry E
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This place has great food, and good value, and attentive service. We'd come more often if we could get in (make a reservation) but often when we pop in the place is so busy that we move on to another Los Gatos place and think about trying Pastaria another time. So, stop going to this place so that the rest of us can enjoy it more often! Just joking.

1  Thank BarryandJackie