“There is no place better than this!!”
Review of Icing On the Cake

Icing On the Cake
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Los Gatos
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Icing on the Cake is an amazing retail bakery located in downtown Los Gatos, California. Since 1985, an impressive selection of buttery, made-from-scratch cakes, cookies, brownies & bars, loaves and pies have stood ready to tempt anyone with a sweet tooth. Icing on the Cake also offers fun gift items, a large selection of cake stands, greeting cards and seasonal merchandise. Come see why this little gem of a bakery has such a devoted following.
Boynton Beach, Florida
“There is no place better than this!!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

As soon as I got to Los Gatos, I ran to Icing on the Cake. They have expanded their beautiful shop and it's even nicer than before (and that was pretty nice!!). Their cakes and cupcakes are just spectacular; light and airy and sinfully delicious! My favorite is the Red Velvet cupcake. I ate a whole one in two bites!!! I hadn't had one in over a year and this was my treat and welcome home (for a visit). If you love the best cakes in the world, come here!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Amorito43
Hi Amorito,

Thank you for your great review of the bakery. You even mentioned our expansion! We put a lot of care into our products and appreciate that you enjoy them so much. Thank you for making a stop during your travels to the area. You really made our day.

Los Gatos, California
“OMG !!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A friend brought a box of their cookies and every one was absolutely wonderful. I have enjoyed their cakes too. We had a retirement lunch for my sister and they did such a wonderful job designing a cake with a Paris theme.

Visited March 2014
Hello Orlando,

Thank you so much for your great review. We offer so many cookies, happy to hear you had a nice sampling. They are as popular as our cakes. Thank you for including us in your sister's celebration, too. Your review made our day!

San Jose, California, Usa
“The best tastes of Los Gatos”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you like baked goods (and who doesn't) this is the palce to go. They have wonderful cookies, cakes and brownies. Some seasonal items as well.

Visited January 2014
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the nice review of the bakery. We appreciate that you stopped by and enjoyed what we have to offer.

You made our day,
San Jose, California
“Excellent cupcakes, great & friendly staff, and yummy desserts”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancé and I love this place. We go here for the cupcakes. We have tried cupcakes from several different places and we always seem to come back here. We have had our share of low quality cupcakes and I just rather spend my money on something I know I would enjoy- something that is good! Sometimes we drive up to Los Gatos from Morgan Hill just to eat one of these delicious cupcakes. We have yet to find another place that compares to this place.

ANYTHING you buy from this bakery will be heaven in your mouth (at least that has always been my experience.)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank S E
Lynn M, Owner at Icing On the Cake, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
S E,

Thank you for your great review of our cupcakes and customer service. We're proud of our large selection of made-from-scratch desserts. We're in our 29th year of baking in downtown Los Gatos and our goal remains to offer something for every taste. Thank you for saying so much.

You made our day,
San Francisco, California
“Best cakes in the Bay Area”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have always been pleased with the quality & presentation of the cakes baked here. They are moist, very dense and packed with flavor. Our favorites are the banana cake with cream cheese frosting, and the peanut butter cake with dark chocolate frosting.

Visited October 2013
Lynn M, Owner at Icing On the Cake, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Hi Flowerfun!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the bakery, it really made our day! Yes, our cakes are dense and moist, most are made with brown sugar, butter and buttermilk. It makes such a huge difference! I happen to love our peanut butter cake and many aren't familiar with it. Thanks for mentioning it and thanks again for visiting. We hope you'll return soon to see what else we have that might hit the spot.

Happy Holidays,