“Not What We Expected, But Still...”

Elfin Forest Preserve
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Los Osos
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The forest was not what we expected from the descriptions we read. But it was still a very nice, scenic walk that lead to the ocean, which we also did not expect. We will return again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This area is off the beaten path but has wonderful views of the southern portion of Morro Bay. It is perfect for a 15 to 30 minute walk and there are a few places where you can sit and enjoy the view. It gives you a glimpse of what it must have been like back in the days of the native Americans.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was a perfect walk for us because my husband has a tough time walking for very long and I usually go on ahead and sometimes we hardly ever see each other after the first ten minutes. The boardwalk made it easier for us to stay together most of the way. We also appreciated the benches provided here and there along the way for people who need to stop and rest.

We appreciated the handy guide with the map and nature notes provided as we entered on 16th Street. It made it easy to plan our walk and not get lost. We only had an hour to spend and getting lost wasn't allowed for on our schedule. It was an easy walk in a scenic place that can be finished in under an hour. I especially like the views from Bush Lupine Point and Siena's View. I was able to take a lot of photos.

2  Thank loveseeingAm
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Spanish moss dangling on a lot of the oaks. There is a special species of oak here not found many other places. They have grotesque look about them and are really quite beautiful. Very nice hike.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I live near this magical little forest. I enjoy this beautiful space most early in the morning. Sunrise, or shortly afterwards it is just spectacular with the sun raising in the east and glistening off the serine waters of the Morro Bay back bay. Every time I come to the Elfin Forrest I am reminded why I love living on the central coast.