Don't waste your money... and don't assume that what you book is what you get.
We went here on a silent auction "Romance Package" that I paid $400 for (but it went to a great cause). We were to receive a Jacuzzi suite, but they didn't have one available when I called. So, we were given a fireplace suite.
When we arrived we couldn't find the fireplace. Lino, the manager said it was in the other room. lol. He was to come up and show us. When Lino arrived, he said there was a mix up in the rooms and there were no fireplace suites available. I explained how we were supposed to have a Jucuzzi suite, downgraded to a fireplace suite, and now downgraded to a no suite. He said, " I am going to do something VERY SPECIAL for you guys. Sorry for the mix up." Well, nothing special ever came. When we checked out, nothing special there either. Shame on you Lino.
The bed was comfortable and the housekeeping staff should be complimented. The furniture was outdated and damaged. Do not expect a good night's sleep however, because this is a casino hotel and there are several people in the halls yelling at all times during the night.
We went to the "Prime Rib Buffet". All in all a good selection of foods and quite tasty.
We did stop at the casino but left shortly due to a lot of cigarette smoke. There was no area that was non-smoking.
We did go to the breakfast buffet, but it was not good. It cost $13.99/pp. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage were on the hot menu... but it was all cold. No microwave to heat it up either. There was a variety of fruits available as well as bagels, cereals, toast.
When we checked out I asked if there was "SOMETHING SPECIAL" waiting for us... she said unfortunately no. I told her the hotel and Lino failed by my review, explaining everything politely but honestly. I did tell her I was going to write a review on Tripadvisor... she told me that was fine.... so I thanked her. lol.
All in all, this hotel is overpriced and unfortunately the hotel cannot be expected to live up to their promises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the entrance to Kananaskis Country and 40 minutes east of Banff. Stoney Nakoda Resort is a full service hotel with a family friendly restaurant, sports lounge and casino. Free internet access, free surface parking and space for over sized vehicles. Ask about our seasonal adventure packages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Nakoda Resort And Casino
- Stoney Nakoda Hotel Kananaskis Village