“Too much smoke too little service”

Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The fact it's smoking is not great, still coughing The service and food was not really great but a great time was still had for our event. I'd go back but spend more time outside. The room was ok, shower could have ben cleaner.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino

Reviewed 22 August 2014

On our way home to BC we overnighted here in a King mountain view room. Large clean room, separate shower stall from tub (unique amenity!). Good TV, fridge, viewNo complaints about the room. The slot machines were by no means friendly. Ate at one of the three eateries, all with the same menu. Waitress ion a hot night in tank top was carrying the menus around wedged between her arm and her body up to the armpit. Did not want to touch the menu!!!!!! Wing special was a deal. Hotel room included continental breakfast which was more than acceptable with considerable variety. Room included a scratch and win card which turned out to be worth $2 which we gave to a hotel worker. Reno and reservations is a remarkable individual. EXCELLENT customer service. He inquired if I was related to Ozzy Osborne. A great guy, and helpful.

Room Tip: King mountain view. And there's tons of free parking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Riding motorcycle from calgary back to the okanagan valley, it started to get dark and rain so we decided to pull over for an overnight stay and some entertainment. The front desk was very very friendly. The check in was fast and easy... the front desk person was really helpful and told us all about the casino and restaurants still open for late night food.

The rooms were big, clean, and comfortable for the price. Beds were very comfortable. It seemed that alot of construction workers used the hotel as on the job accommodations and a place to stay with something to do. I was really shocked by how nice the casino was decorated and the dealers on the tables were really friendly and polite. Most of the staff seemed to be of First Nations backgrounds and very proud of the casino and hotel.

I was overall very impressed with the service and the facility. I would avoid the spinach and artichoke dip if possible. Not so good.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LonDutch
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I got stuck in a hail storm on my motorcycle coming in from Calgary. I've seen this place many times and always thought "if I need a place I'll try it" . Well, with golf ball sized hail and only two wheels, I was going there regardless. Front desk guy had one emotion, just one. But the room was good. All the amenities. I don't gamble, but I do like to go to the Pub/Bar. Fair prices for beer, and a special on whiskey. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Go to Canmore for a place to stay. We were greeted at the front desk by someone who spoke little English and basically threw the keys at us. Went to the 2nd floor to our room. The hallway had not been vacumed. There was stuff (including what looked like a retainer elastic on the floor). Our room also had not been vacumed. There were cornchips all over it. We then went to the Casino looking for dinner. There were two choices. Buffet - which I don't eat or eat in a little area off the Casino floor. People were smoking all around us. The food was sub-par and service almost non-existant. Second day - come back from our daytrip around the area to find that the floors still hadn't been vacumed. You are basically hostage there for food as there is nothing else close. Never going back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maskedbee
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am sitting here in room 191 and am completely underwhelmed by my stay so far.
The frontdesk service during check in was less than desirable. We were helped by a sour faced female who was unable how to figure out our expedia booking. They then tell us it's a $200 damage deposit fee. I understand the reason for the fee, but the cost is more than I have ever had to acknowledge.
On our way to our room we pass some private lounge littered with drunks and cigarettes. It's then that we realize this hotel allows smoking... Gag me.
Our room is decently large and the bathroom is ok. We turn on the tv- every channel except for the HD channels are grainy and slightly pixelated. We saw a sign to rent some DVDs down the hall. Surprised they don't have a VOD option here... But whatever, we're game. Until we realize we don't have a DVD player, just the remote. We call to FD and are advised there is no DVD player.
Tried their wireless... Not even 0.5 Mbps download. Are you kidding me?! Might as well be on dial-up.

Finally ready to sleep when we notice there are only 3 pillows for a King sized bed. We once again called FD for an extra pillow. 20 minutes go by and they call us back to say they have no more left.

This place is awful. Seriously.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights for a family wedding. The hotel itself is great. Pool was a lot of fun. Clean never too crowded. Hot tub was also nice. The food at the restaurant was amazing however the service was not. It took a very long time to get our lunch one afternoon. No refills in coffee were given. Even when asked the waitress "forgot". After we didn't leave her a tip because of the poor service she was rude and very unprofessional the rest of our stay.
The rooms did not get cleaned properly covers just thrown on the bed. Stuff not restocked.
Our key for our room stopped working every day. And everyday we had to go back to the front desk to get it reset
We had a mountain view room which was beautiful. The location was perfect for us as well. However I do not think that we would stay here again until they can get their staff to appreciate their jobs.

• Stayed: July 2014