“Beautiful scenery and facility”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hard to imagine a more beautiful location for a resort to be placed. The common areas are very pleasant and inviting. Enjoyed the tennis courts, basketball courts and the hiking paths.

Stayed for several nights with friends and family and used the lodge as our base camp for many adventures. The restaurants were very good with many different offerings to please everyone.

Highly recommended for anyone visiting the area!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CyTrip
Delta K, Social Media Coordintaor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay. I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed your vacation in the Valley of Adventure.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Lodge at Kananaskis.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Room is ok. Kinda old in appearance. Our main concern was the restaurants/food. At the Fireweed Grill, the website says "buffet breakfast served daily". When we went to order it (twice ) , they said they weren't serving it because occupancy was low. But they were hosting tour bus groups and corporate groups who both had buffet breakfasts, coming out of the same kitchen!!! We asked if we could go in their line to get the food and they said, "No". I guess regular guests are treated different. Also, some restaurants are closed certain nights but unless you go down and physically check, there's no way to find out. A schedule or sign posting restaurant hours and days in the lobby would have helped. As a result of both of these events, we were pretty much forced to eat off site. Very disappointing.......

3  Thank David M
david_keam, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay. I know it can be frustrating when the hotel amenities are not what you expected.

Thank you for the detail in your review, the General Manager and I are now taking a good look at the food and beverage offerings and how we communicate this to our guests. Although the tour and corporate groups rightfully expect their meals to be private, I can understand how it can be frustrating to see the inconsistency and for that I apologize.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis and I hope that the rest of your trip to Canada was successful.

Kindest Regards,

David Keam
Director of Operations
Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
403-591-6245
david.keam@deltahotels.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Beautiful hotel though rooms are a bit dated. All the public areas are nicely appointed and the surrounding grounds are breathtaking. Service in the restaurants was good but very slow. The food was good though not outstanding, especially considering the prices charged. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and very polite. Always greeted by every staff member that passed by us. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra to get a room with a balcony.
2  Thank bails2000
Delta K, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It was disappointing to learn about the slow service you experienced in the restaurants, and can assure you it's not a typical occurrence. I'm also pleased to announce we're currently undergoing a phased multi-million dollar renovation which is slated for completion in 2017. To date, our Mode Club rooms, lofts & suites are complete and I'm confident you'll appreciate the finished product!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Lodge at Kananaskis.

Kind regards,
Dan DeSantis

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Surrounded by gorgeous mountain views and incredible wilderness, there's no denying that the Delta Lodge is in a prime location, close to skiing, hiking and the amazing Kananaskis scenery. The service of staff was friendly and the hotel lobby and surroundings are well kept and in good shape.

For a fairly high end hotel in such a wonderful location, the room here was a bit of a disappointment for me. While clean and well maintained it's obviously an older layout lacking a lot of the more luxurious touches that you'd expect for a hotel at this price range. The rooms are clean and comfortable here but you won't feel pampered. For what it's worth I stayed at a 2 queen bed room on the 3rd floor, not sure if more luxurious suites are on offer.

If you're looking for a nice place to stay for your skiing or hiking vacation then this is the place for you. If you're looking for that something extra from your hotel room itself, I would check out the alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mrcleaver
Delta K, Social Media Coordintaor at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!
I'm pleased to announce we're currently undergoing a phased multi-million dollar renovation which is slated for completion in 2017. To date, our Mode Club rooms, lofts and suites are complete and can be viewed on our website. That being said, I'm glad to learn you still enjoyed your stay in the Valley of Adventure. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Lodge at Kananaskis!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Recent stay for a business meeting and although my reservation was not on their file (suspect that was not the hotel's fault) the man at the desk went out of his way to accommodate me - confirmed the group rate that I was supposed to be registered under, gave me an upgraded room (really nice - almost a suite. The interior of the hotel is a bit dated but the bed was comfy, the linens and towels great, nice soaps and lotions. In room coffee and a mini-fridge was very nice addition. I was in the main lodge and it is huge so lots of walking to get to the room from the elevator.
The bonus was a trio of young grizzlies that were cruising the area around the hotel in full view of the lobby - eating dandelions the evening I arrived. Beautiful bears.
Meals provided by the hotel were quite nice. The village really consists only of hotels and shopping in the hotel - there are half a dozen shops with typical souvenirs, women's clothing and jewelry. There is a sports store that rents gear and has some nice higher end clothing. Also a convenience store with various foods and sundries.
Parking for the hotel is a bit of a walk from the lobby so you want to have a rolling suitcase unless you choose to use the pay parking.
The room rate was pretty reasonable for the conference I was attending but the regular rate plus parking puts it into the range where I would have to think twice before staying here for a holiday - though the staff were really pleasant - I was greeted by everyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank muklukmary

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide feedback that assists us in our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations.

I'm glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed here for two nights. Great place to stay. They complimentary upgraded me to nice room with great view. They have super friendly staff specially Britney at the front desk, Mike and other person on the guest services (his name was JAN....) They were super friendly and helpful. Big Horn lounge is great place to have drinks and nice food. We ordered room service too which was fast and again great food. I should say thank you to house keeping as well. Room was super clean. Please pass my appreciation to above staff members. They have nice swimming pool and hot tub. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jayvashi

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful review with us! We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have been visiting the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis for over 20 years. Have either gone as just a couple, with my family, or with a large group (sports car club drives). The Sunday brunch has always been a highlight. Unfortunately this brunch has changed. On past visits the food/table area has encompassed a large area of the dining room and at times has even been place in the hallway. This past Father's Day the brunch was placed into a small corner of the dining room and as a result line ups were long. A look over the offerings showed far less choices than before. We choose to leave and drive to Banff for brunch.
Staff were very helpful and pleasant and explained that the brunch offerings were recently revised but the number of items remained the same. Despite this statement I did not see this.
I hope the Sunday brunch improves and we can return and enjoy the lodge.

2  Thank CalgaryStig