“Beautifully overpriced”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We booked the King Loft, it was beautiful, clean, and efficient, but the upstairs bathroom door is to small for the frame and gets stuck, I hope they fix this as we informed them about it.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the grounds are beautiful (Pond with waterfall, park for kids, tennis courts, a spa, viewpoints, Ect.) Many stores to look around, and a few dining options as well.
The food is very overpriced for the quality though, we ate at the Fireweed, it was very expensive and the food was not very good.
We wanted to go to Woody's on the property but there were no tables at all and no staff even looked at us when we came in.
We ordered in room dining for breakfast and it took an hour and 20 mins for them to bring it to us, and it was cold when it finally got there, and also not very good food.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ColleenCard
Delta K, Social Media Coordinator at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable to us as it provides us the opportunity to address your specific concerns and progressively work to exceed your expectations.

It was disappointing to learn about your dining experiences within the outlets and in room dining and I've passed this along to the Executive Chef and Director of Outlets for further review.

If you have anything else you'd like to share with us, or if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at joanna.gregson@deltahotels.com

There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at Delta Lodge for a week and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. We had a loft room which gave the three of us plenty of room. We were lucky that the weather was cool, as the rooms do not have air conditioning (we were there in late July) and even used the fireplace 2 nights. The hotel is located between 2 provincal parks and is in a stunning location. We enjoyed rafting and horseback riding within this week and would go back to this hotel without a second thought.

Room Tip: pay a little more and get the loft room if there are more than 2 adults
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank julies1020

Dear Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed your adventures with us in Kananaskis and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My recent stay at Delta Lodge was amazing. Upon check-in this great front desk agent Bhartesh provided me a cheap upgrade to their Signature building. The rooms were quite modern and chic. My kids loved it.

Things start here, 2 night of our stay, I forgot to carry my lpad with and realized I got a offer for my house, I needed a printer immediately, I went straight to the front desk around 1 a.m and asked Bhartesh for their business center, he not only provided me the best solution but asked me if they can send all the stuff to his email and then can print out for me and delete the documents, I provided his details to our agent and within in 5 mins Bhartesh came out with all my documents organized in a folder( I would not even do that for myself) After moments I had to scan something and again he figured out all my needs and finally I ended up selling my house at Delta hotels.

Great service and great staff and great rooms, Cheers!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rwilliams97178
Delta K, Social Media Coordinator at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know that Bhartesh provided such great service to you and I will be sure to thank and recognize them on your behalf.

If you have anything else to share or if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at joanna.gregson@deltahotels.com

Reviewed 17 August 2014

While the rooms in the hotel are a bit tired looking, the location more than makes up for it. We had a large double room with lots of space and an extra sitting chair. We had a full sized balcony- though the only furniture were simple plastic chairs so not very comfortable in order to take advantage of the fresh-smelling surroundings. The bathroom fixtures have been replaced but the wallpaper is very dated as are the carpets. There was a fridge, coffee maker and a small kettle. The room was clean but not spotless.

Front desk staff was pleasant. There were multiple options for dining, though limited for the vegetarian. Boutiques and little shops are around for browsing.

There were loads of recreational opportunities and amenities. Will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you choose has an outdoor patio/ balcony and faces away from the front reception...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Delta K, Social Media Coordinator at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm pleased to announce we're currently undergoing a phased, multi-million dollar renovation which is slated for completion soon. To date, our Mode Club rooms, lofts and suites within the Signature Club building are complete and I'm confident you'll appreciate the finished product!

That being said, I'm glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I've been here before, briefly, and my experience then was okay. This time, not so much. Our introduction was the snooty parking attendant who advised us rudely to stay in out vehicle because they have 3 buildings on the property and we likely wouldn't be staying in the main building - turns out we were anyway. The rooms are okay. But in serious need of fresh carpet and paint. They still have a stale smoke smell from years ago, even though all rooms are non smoking. The bathroom is actually falling apart. A large piece of the counter is at the point where it may fall on someone's foot. Our room was also reserved for 4 people but was only stocked for 2. The beds are not made properly. No matter how you sleep, you end up pulling the sheets out because they're not fitted, only flat sheets tucked under the mattress. The tv channels worked sporadically at best. There was a dirty coffee cup in our room. The mouldings are separating from the ceiling too. The service at Bighorn Lounge was spectacular the first night. The service at Grappa was amazing. The shops are nice, but slightly redundant. We also went for pedicures, which themselves were awesome. The manager of the spa however is not nice. We dubbed her the "warden". She came up to one girl in our group and told her she was in a cell phone free area, even though there are no signs, and other people were also on their phones, and she didn't talk to them. It was just down right rude. The gym was adequate. The pool is nice as is the hot tub? But in serious need of better landscaping and outdoor care. The Fireweed Grill is ridiculously overpriced for breakfast - $17 for continental breakfast?! Also, housekeeping is inadequately staffed. There was a diaper left in the hallway all day and dirty dishes. Gross. Overall, it's so not worth the $329/night they want.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jinxxd_13
Delta K, Director of Rooms at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We certainly appreciate our guest's taking the time to share the details of their stay with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the arrival experience, Housekeeping cleanliness, and the service received in our Spa. We were very concerned to hear about these experiences, and this is certainly isn't our standard, nor a common occurrence at the resort. In regards to our guest rooms, I'm pleased to announce we are currently undergoing a phased, multi-million dollar renovation which is slated for completion soon. To date, our Mode Club rooms, lofts & suites are complete and I'm confident you'll appreciate the finished product.

If there's anything else you'd like to share, or if I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at michael.cameron@deltahotels.com

Michael Cameron
Director of Rooms
Delta Lodge at Kananaskis

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during a fly/drive holiday to Alberta and British Columbia.

Of all the places we would be visiting this looked the least favourable.

However it turned out to be a real gem. Of all nine hotels we stayed at, this one was streets ahead of the rest.

Classy in a very relaxed way. Clean, very clean. Smart and in the most beautiful valley setting.

The staff were exceptional and friendly.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rodmonterey

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us in the Valley of Adventure and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I booked two nights at this hotel using my air miles. We were upgraded from a standard room to a loft suite (with a view!) by the helpful, friendly front desk staff. When I asked about handicap parking we were given two free nights of underground parking so that we could be close to the elevators! The room was spotless and very well maintained. The hotel staff very friendly. Pool areas were very well maintained with warm pool. Tennis courts well maintained and very empty. The only thing that was disappointing was the restaurants, pretty pricey and not great food at the pub style restaurant called Woody's. However, I WILL stay here again! And did I mention a tray of 'welcome' chocolates on our first night? Thank you Alex and the rest of the Delta Lodge staff for a memorable stay!

Room Tip: great views in rooms facing north/north-west. Third floor had lovely loft rooms with balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kim b

Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to pass your compliments along to Alex and the rest of the team.

If there is anything else you'd like to share, or if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at joanna.gregson@deltahotels.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Valley of Adventure!