1,384 results
All reviews signature club fireweed grill hot tub steam room air conditioning beautiful location bighorn lounge loft room underground parking guest services woody's pub walking trails nakiska ski nordic spa ski hill dining options rocky mountains
Reviewed 14 November 2017

it was by chance that we drove and took a room here. it is an amazing resort. the heated indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi is amazing. the heated pool was good too. the room had a quaint feel. the only thing weird is that they do not have air conditioning in their rooms. i had requested for a fan, as i was feeling hot. the breakfast was amazing , like a five star hotel selection of hot food. the staff was all local and quite friendly.

Room Tip: go for a higher floor so you can open the window at least if you feel hot
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hawa n
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hawa n:
Hello and thank you so much for your review !

I am more than happy that you seem to have had a wonderful time at the Lodge and very much appreciate your kind words.

We try hard to deliver great service and it's always nice when somebody recognizes that !

Thanks again, I hope that we will see you soon.

Stephen

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This used to be my favorite place to holiday. I'm 35 years old and have been coming here with my family since I was a child. We then started bringing our kids and it's been a thanksgiving tradition for years now. It USED to be an amazing family getaway with free activities every weekend for the kids/families and do much to do. Since Marriott took over and renovated it's lost its mountain/country feel. Every restaurant is 18 plus except forte and while we were there, forte....the only family restaurant... was shut for supper. It was an extremely busy weekend and we waited well over an hour for a seat at blacktail bar. This is ridiculous. Make the whole resort adult only if you plan to only cater to adults. I'm sad that I'm going to have to look for a new favorite place for my family if we get stuck with me ordering from the pub and having to eat in our room all weekend. Very very disappointed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen C
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Jen C,

I am so sorry that we seem to have ruined your dream place, that surely was and is not our intention. The Lodge was in dire need of a facelift and that is what we have done and continue to do so, to the tune of $30 million. It's a shame that it is not how you'd like it to be.
The Lodge is still very family friendly, we have a much-expanded family activities department providing lots of activities as well even taking your children off your hands if you need! We have a great play area and are expanding all of the spa and pool areas, building an incredible kid's friendly water park at this moment.
All of our restaurants are kid friendly and we welcome them all, in every outlet apart from Woody's Pub, which is not appropriate.
We have modernized the look of the lodge, expanded our services and there is much more exciting family-based​ "stuff" to come, Please don't be disheartened, we'd love to see you back and give us another try. It will be worth it!
Stephen.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We were excited to come back here having previously had a great visit.
This time we came as my wife had a conference here, so I would enjoy the facilities with our children while she attended the events.

Upon arrival the first disappointment was the indoor/outdoor pool and spa was closed. Fair enough it’s under renovation but with all the signs on the highway etc saying renovations are complete we assumed this was too. So that meant one of the major activities we had planned to keep the kids occupied during the day isn’t an option.

Second issue. I booked an early morning yoga class. I was told it was going ahead for sure and if anything changed they would let me know.
So having arranged our morning around this class to ensure the baby was looked after I arrived at the yoga room at 7.10 where the iPad on the door confirmed yoga at 7.30am. And waited. And waited. And waited. No one showed up. Called the front desk. They had no idea what was going on but assumed it was cancelled. So wasted my time dragging the baby out early for nothing. So much for informing us if it was cancelled.

Never mind I thought. We can go enjoy the buffet breakfast. So we went to the restaurant.
Nope. No buffet today for some unknown reason. Just the set menu, which to be honest is very poor value for breakfast. So skip that as well. $20+ for even the most basic of breakfasts.

So far the only upside to this weekend is the fact we live less than an hour away so I can just head home for the day instead as clearly the hotel isn’t offering much to keep us entertained for the day while the conference occupies my wife.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Scott K,

Thank you for your review, even if not the greatest that I have ever read, I do as always, appreciate the time it takes to let us know your views, good or bad.
Firstly, please let me apologize for having let you down. The Hot tub is closed as we have been trying to tell everyone, s it is being completely rebuilt. The pool is not closed generally. Unfortunately, due to some burst pipes, we had to shut it for two days, we did not plan this and obviously, we didn't expect it! We did try to inform everyone on site, but could have a better job at that it seems!
We often change up the breakfast options according to volume and guests requests. We do not offer a buffet every day as that can become a little ordinary. So we do alternate and offer an a la carte type menu so we can bring change and variety and get fresh food served to our guests.
I have no excuse for the yoga, although I do believe that you were the only person attending, we will do better at this. If we advertise it, we should do it, or at the very least let our guests know!
Thank you again, I am sorry that you felt let down, I hope your wife's conference was a much better experience​. Stephen

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My family likes to spend thanksgiving in the mountains and for the last few years we've been going to Jasper but wanted to try something new this year. So, we booked this hotel..attracted to its pet friendly policies and mini resort feel. At first glance things were great, staff was friendly and the rooms was recently renovated. The style they chose to renovate the hotel makes no sense...why go for a modern look when you're in the middle of the mountains? I don't get that, but at least it was clean and new looking. The AC and furnace didn't work in our room, which was strange. We had called the hotel a dozen times trying to book their thanksgiving dinner but they didn't know until the day before which restaurant was hosting the dinner, which is bizarre. They never returned calls when we asked for information and lost our reservation more than once. If we hadn't kept calling we probably wouldn't have gotten a table. When it came time for dinner we went down for our reservation and the restaurant was a massive let down, there was nothing festive or nice about it...worse yet we were told they didn't have any thanksgiving dinner left..like how is that possible?!? They said they had run out of turkey...it's like they had never heard of thanksgiving before or something...no planning, no food, horribly organized, ugly restaurant...nothing was enjoyable about this experience. Add in the fact that there were not nearly enough staff working to handle a hotel this sized (think 1 hour+ waits to get served lunch in another restaurant) and you end up with an incredibly disappointing experience. We had so much hope for this place, if it had been a good experience we would have returned many times but we will never book a room here again. I'd strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sammy19
joannacatherine, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Sammy19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Thanksgiving Weekend experience with us. I'm very sorry to learn we let you and your family down. You're right - we definitely made a mistake in our dining outlet - we underestimated the number of guests that would be joining us on Thanksgiving Sunday.
I'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and provide your family with the experience you deserve. Whenever you have a free moment, you're welcome to contact me at joannag@lodgeatkananaskis.com

Your feedback is an integral part of our success and helps assist us in our goal of exceeding our guests expectations. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind Regards,
Joanna Gregson
Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge
joannag@lodgeatkananaskis.com

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I had my first stay here at this property after being booked by my mother who had stayed previously and would not stop raving about it. Since her stay Marriott had taken ownership and you can definitely tell they have invested A LOT into renovations. the interior of the hotel is spectacular and very elegantly appointed and designed. We stayed in the main lodge and it is very large!

It is a little bit of a drive in off the highway almost half hour. just so your aware when your calculating your drive time. and its VERY dark at night time!

We were in a 2 bedroom suite which was an interesting setup with a room inside of the room pretty much. we were 4 adults and 1 baby. we unfortunately were visiting during a heat wave and had to sleep with no air-conditioning which was difficult with so many people in the room. the bathroom was small and difficult to share with 4 ladies. The beds were very comfortable.

The grounds are fantastic and such a great perk if you like walking - there are a ton of beautiful trails all very well identified. They even had smores on the back patio one day!

Food was decent, we ordered take out from the pub one night since we had the baby and they wouldn't let him in despite it being 5pm..but the take out was easy and we ate in our room. we did not eat anywhere else but i did get a delicious smoothie in the morning from the cafe.

The pool was actually disappointing to me, they are undergoing a massive renovation and i would be interested in returning once that is completed. the pool and hot tub just appeared very worn out and forgotten about compared to the rest of the hotel. the hot tub does have an indoor/outdoor feature which was lovely.

The only major problem we encountered was with housekeeping and getting a room tidied up. There was a major mix up of he-said / she-said and needless to say our room did not even have any attention paid to it nor a check in phone call to see if we needed any fresh linens or garbages emptied (which we did due to the baby!) After the front desk was made aware they quickly tried to remedy the situation which was appreciated and the manager was very helpful and considerate the next morning. so we definitely appreciate the effort he went through to still ensure our stay ended on a good note.

Room Tip: in the summer avoid the main lodge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Based on your review, it sounds you visited us in the summer while we were wrapping up the Lodge renovations and installing AC units into our guest rooms.
Since your last visit, we've begun renovating our existing hot tub, with the pool to follow shortly. Kananaskis Nordic Spa will also be opening in February 2018 and hopefully you can come enjoy some well deserved Rocky Mountain R&R with us then!

Warm Regards,