“Paradise!”
Review of Mount Kidd RV Park

Mount Kidd RV Park
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have tried to book here for years, but the park is always packed during the summer months. Decided to be early birds. The camping spots are lovely: roomy, clean, fire pit and picnic table, treed. The Park is so picturesque with the mountains surrounding. Clean and fresh air is wonderful. So quiet away from traffic and when we were there, you could hear a pin drop. Very friendly people at the Camper's Centre. Purchased a camping jacket from the store and some great coffee and snacks. Lots to do: tennis, biking, horseshoes, volleyball, playground, hiking. Read someone was irate they were told not to put sunflower seeds in their fire pit. If they had read the material they were given upon arrival, seeds are only one of many attractants to the bears that are not allowed. If you want to camp in bear country, you need to follow the rules! We had no problems with management. This was one of the nicest camping trips we have had in the Province. Would definitely go again and book early.

Room Tip: We were in the A Loop. Sites 29-30, in there, are awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Cactus0

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Do not use the booking online feature. They charge you before you arrive on the campsite and dont even reserve the site you pick (they kinda just hope that no one camps there until you arrive). When I booked online I was immediately charged for my full weekend (2 nights) stay (70 bucks to sleep ON THE GROUND!), plus a $10 booking fee. Then when I arrived at the campsite, someone had taken the site I had booked (no fault to them, there was nothing indicating that the site was reserved... which is what I would HOPE that the 10$ booking fee was paying for...). When I went to the front desk to indicate that I was not at the site I had paid for already (so I wouldnt be charged twice), I was promised that the booking fee would be waived and that i would have one night taken off of our weekend stay (this was told to me by the owner) for the inconvenience. To my surprise, when I got home, I had been charged twice, once from the original immediate charge ($78, before I actually used the service) and then two separate charges (one for each night we stayed, two charges of 34$)!!!!! No refund as they promised. I would expect that the owner would have some concept of customer service, but apparently not. When I called to have this sorted out, the same attitude was reflected by the desk staff, who were dismissive and apathetic.

This campground is a basic, normal, family orientated campsite, but I would think twice about booking in advance, because they seem to think they can use your credit card number to charge whatever they please and dont follow through with their promises, only saying what they think you want to hear to get you to leave.

Never again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank dozerdee
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've been staying here for more than 14 years and the facility is beyond compare for the area. The amenities are top notch and the trails are wonderful. The campsites are large and relatively private. Previous reviewers have complained about the management but I completely support their zero tolerance policy for food left in campsites and firepits. Because of careless campers leaving attractants out last year, a beautiful black bear had to be killed by conservation officers. Just follow the rules, folks, and these creatures can comfortably co-exist with all of us campers. This is a top notch facility and we'll continue to go there often.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank tech5709
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Same as the last review, we were rudely interrupted at the fire pit by the manager(guy with mustache) at 10 pm. He was loud enough to wake our kids in trailer. He complained about us having sunflower seeds in fire pit. We asked him to be a little more quite as he's waking the kids but continued to get more upset. Next he threatened my wife and I. We are a quite family thats not looking for trouble just a nice vacation. After the first night we packed up and left. We will not be returning until the management changes.

• Stayed: August 2013
21  Thank famguy1
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 night but were ready to come home after the second night. We were awakened at 11pm on the second night as this so called manager (Siege.. Not sure of the spelling) banged so loud on our trailer door. When I went to the door he was soooo rude. Someone threw a peanut shell in the fire pit and he wanted it removed because of bears. All he had to do is look around any campsite and he would find sunflower seeds and peanut shells all over the campsites. He even called the Conservation Officers on us after I removed the peanut shell. Then they knocked on our door at about midnight. They were very nice and said everything looks good. And seemed to know how rude this manager is but were careful what they said. The next day we talked to a few of the staff of the campground and the ones we talked to told us that he is the new owner and everything is so bad. They even asked us to report him to the Alberta Parks as they are getting many report on this guy. We go here every summer but will not be returning until something is done about this guy. We are just seniors that enjoy a nice quite and relaxing campground.

• Stayed: August 2013
17  Thank Wake4d
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our first trip to Kananaskis and Mount Kidd - loved it. Staff at the campground are very friendly and well informed about the area activities; facilities are well kept and clean; sites are well treed; and lots of well marked hiking trails. We will be back Mount Kidd - thanks again for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Garry W
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights our Campsite E 29 was beautiful and close to the walkway and amphitheater! We attended 3 shows at the amphitheater during our stay, they were great for all ages and very informative. We had no complaints at all, it was a Great family campground. We did not want to leave!!

• Stayed: July 2013