“Good food but pricey”

Description: Located in the Delta Hotel
Edmonton, Canada
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Had a personable, attentive waiter and the menu had a nice variety of interesting looking choices. Food was very tasty. Had the lobster ravioli. Portion size however was small and the price was high. Enjoyed the meal but left feeling hungry.

1 Thank Bernard E

Edmonton, Canada
“Service good,food not so good.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

To give credit where credit is due, the service at Fireweed is good, prompt and very friendly but the food ehhhh I would pass Well on breakfast anyway. There was the usually buffet which I passed on for a la carte a simple Bacon n eggs over easy white toast. Meal was missing the baked roma tomato of the 4 scraps of bacon,2 were cooked fat 2 were raw, white toast was warm white bread plastered w margarine,not toasted,potatoes were french fries,eggs the best part were over cooked all this not including coffee $18.Very disappointed YUK!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ijon661
Calgary, Canada
“Downward Slide!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and I have found that the quality of the food has been declining. At a recent visit to the hotel I ate there threee times and was not overly pleased with the meals. The steak I had at supper was greatly overcooked,

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gary C
Calgary
“THANK YOU!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I do not want to sound repetitive here but WOW. When service, food, and atmosphere are all top notch, what else is there to say? Of course, I would have been hard to displease at that particular moment as I was already having a super awesome time at the adjoining resort my wife and I were at. We went for a nice dinner out on our last night there, an anniversary one to be exact. Our server was very attentive and I have to say, all the staff at this place LOVE their jobs and you can tell very quickly. I do, unfortunately, have one very nasty complaint. NOT towards the staff or anything to do with the place itself. This is towards the ignorant patrons who came in not long after we arrived, a whole ski team to be exact and decided to upset the atmosphere by yelling at each other from adjacent tables..like COME ON. Have a little respect will ya? Not to mention some table manners, eating with your mouths open and such you ought to be ashamed. WOW. Not that I expect any less from immature people like this, nor would I ever blame the staff as I mentioned above. Just thought I'd put this in there so it got mentioned. But we did ask to switch tables, and our server made it happen toot sweet! He made sure we were comfortable and settled and even apologized on their behalf, which just made me get back into my happy mood ever faster. Thank you very much! Please do not pass this place by when you are there, its worth all the effort!

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Katie's service and the food was excellent”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My family stopped in to the Fireweed Grill on Sunday April 7th for a quick lunch. The restaurant was busy apparently before we got there but fairly quiet upon our arrival.

Katie was our server and was quite excellent. She accommodated our quirky needs and customized our meals as per our requests. She was a delight.

Good hire Delta management.

• Visited April 2013