“You get more than what you pay for!”

SpringHill Suites Madera
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Madera
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Hotel staff was really nice and the rooms are very clean. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2012
fatmd, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Madera, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Vjose,
Thank you for the great comment on Trip Advisor. We too feel our property is one of the best kept secrets in th whole darned area! You COULD pay more for a hotel in the Fresno area, but with our spacious rooms, terrific breakfast and friendly staff..... Why would you?

Thank you again. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Springhill (mini) Suites exceeded all our expectations, despite being located in the middle of nowhere. For a one night stay on a Wednesday night, in the middle of a long drive, it provided everything we needed. The rooms are cleverly designed, being divided into 3 areas:
1) bedroom with large screen TV and very good lighting
2) bathroom with toilet and tub separated from the sink and makeup area.
3) sitting area with wet bar and business desk. The TV can be turned to face this area.
The staff were professional and friendly; the whole place was spotlessly clean; the Black Bear Diner across the parking lot was excellent. Best of all, we paid only $60 on Priceline and that included parking, superb hot breakfast, and WiFi in the room. What's not to like? Springhill hotels are way better than the Best Westerns and Holiday Inns that line most major highways. Our visit to this hotel proved once again that the best places to stay for one-nighters on a long trip are in small towns or in bedroom communities on the outskirts of large cities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronlk
fatmd, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Madera, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Ronlk,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the layout of our rooms. The design of the Springhill Suites rooms is what sets us apart from the traditional hotel room.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your next trip through our great state.

Most Sincerely,

Deanne Edwards

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I just completed a stay at this Springhill Suites in Madera. This is a fairly new hotel and is really nice and clean. The suites are somewhat small but good enough for one maybe two people. There is a Black Bear diner just next door which has excellent food and they give you plenty of it. Other than that there isn’t anything within walking distance. The hotel has a small but very nice complimentary breakfast and coffee in the morning.
For what it’s worth, I did feel my bed shake a little while the train went rolling by and this hotel is next to the freeway as well. The Vineyard restaurant within a couple of miles would be a good choice for dinner. I would stay here again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear GHB2,
Thank you for your review of our property. I am certainly glad our breakfast buffet met your needs. Springhill Suites as a brand has been working hard to meet the nutritional needs of our guests. As you mentioned, our property is fairly new. We are celebrating our third birthday this month! And, we have had the pleasure of meeting and serving thousands of guests during this time.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit to Madera, CA.

Most Sincerely,

Deanne Edwards

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've been in many hotels in the US; and I always complain about the poor and boring room furnishing/design in most hotel rooms. This Marriot hotel at Madera, CA is THE FIRST HOTEL where I can say that the room designers used more than two neurons to think of a functional design, they did it with the guest in mind. The room I stayed in had a divider screen between the desk and the beds, which allows for someone to work late at the desk while those who want to sleep can have privacy and light isolation. Also the beds had small overhead reading lamps installed!!, how hard could that be for other hotel managers to think of?? Finally the couch/sofa-bed is a corner style (L-shaped) sofa bed, much more comfortable and functional than a classic monolithic, "bump in the way" sofa. In addition, all the room lamps had a design with soft white shade that really illuminates the room, rather than those standard yellowish screens that are rather depressing (probably good if you are sick or have migraines). A minor thing that still can be improved (this is the same in most hotels) and extra waste basket in the room would be handy. These guys did have two in the room which is a WOW factor. Just for originality and thinking out of the box I give this facility an Excellent.

The hotel facilities are good quality, there is cold water and coffee close to the lobby most of the day, the breakfast is standard-good. The black bear diner next door is great. The staff was very friendly and corteous.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I travel a lot and this hotel does it all for the value. It's the nicest hotel in the area and has the staff to make your stay great. The hotel represent the Marriot and the Madera SpringHills Suites represents high standards I've seen all over the country. It's your best choice for the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed one night...new property, staff very friendly, room excellent, quiet, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast very good, we observed they kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked as folks would come and go. No complaints! Will stay here again on next trip up. Easy access on/off 99, Black Bear resturant just past parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed several nights at the Springhill Suites in Madera while on a business trip to the area.

I was pleasently greeted when I arrived and the check-in was quick and painless. The hotel and rooms are in excellent condition and even though my room faced the busy higway it was still nice and quiet.

The room I was in featured a king size bed, mini fridge, microwave, seperate "bar sink" by the fridge microway and a decent size sitting area. Ther was another sitting area on the other side of the bed by the window / small balcony.

Due to the project I was working on I was out of the hotel before the breakfast buffet began, so I can't comment on it.

There are plenty of good restaurants within driving distance and a diner next door that shares part of the parking lot with the hotel.

All in all it was a good stay, the staff were friendly and I had no issues.

Room Tip: They call the rooms "Suites" but they are really "mini Suites". I was there wit...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno

Been to SpringHill Suites Madera? Share your experiences!