“Perfect relaxation in stylish modern hotel”

SpringHill Suites Madera
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Madera
MAGALIA
“Perfect relaxation in stylish modern hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

A stylish contemporary new hotel in the middle of nothing, the SpringHill Suites Madera provides a blow of fresh air to its surroundings of wide open fields and unattractive industrial complexes. We never would have reserved a room here were it not for the fact that Madera was the exact middle point between our destinations. Now we are happy that we did and will definitely stay here again. The modern layout, the colour scheme, and the floor plan of the rooms look much more like a French boutique hotel than the conventional SpringHill Suites in other California towns we visited. They must have had a great architect and interior decorator! But it is not only the stylish look that surprised us but also the overall quality of the furnishings, drapes, carpets, HDTV and - most importantly - the beds. This turned out to be the most comfortable bed during our two week trip. Even the complimentary breakfast buffet was better than usual: Hot eggs and bacon, waffles etc. We liked the hotel so much that we are even willing to overlook some housekeeping flaws: Hair from a former guest in sink and bathtub, spots in the white countertops. Hopefully the management will provide better quality control in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Martinez
Reviewed 17 December 2009

SpringHill Suites was the only highlight of my trip to Madera. Went on business for a conference in the area.

The hotel is new and it's geared towards a younger/ business crowd, which I liked a lot. They have a gym and a spa (thank goodness!) Also they have free WiFi etc.... They had a great breakfast selection every morning (their bacon is delicious!)

Staff was friendly- I especially liked Melinda who was very sweet.

Went next door to the Black Bear diner one night for dinner and it was pretty good too.
Should my super fun business travels bring me back to Madera, I would stay again.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
bay area, ca
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I traveled to Madera recently to visit some family and friends. I was frankly a little concerned about choosing a hotel in this area based on some of the others I saw around that area (Madera Valley Inn for example). I was definitely pleasantly surprised. This is really a beautiful facility. It is very clean and new, my room was large and comfortable and I really liked the modern designs. The staff was extremely nice, they greeted me by name every time I came in and out and they directed me to the Black Bear Diner next door for dinner, which I was thankful for because as I discovered they have a killer chicken pot pie! The breakfast at the hotel was tasty and had a great selection.

All around, I had a really great experience and will definitely stay here again at my next family function.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Our flight crew stayed at Springhill Suites Madera four times July through September. Overall, it was a nice, new hotel. Actually, it looked like a new hotel built around an old, creaky elevator. The elevator could use some attention. Each stay was pleasant, with the exception of our last stay. Our room temps were in the upper 80's upon arrival at 10 PM and took quite a while to cool down. In the morning . . . no hot water in either of our rooms!?!?! The outside temp was going to be 100+ later in the day, so we will call the experience "refreshing." The girl at the front counter said "You must have been on the 3rd floor. We don't have any hot water on the 3rd floor." Huh??? There was a breakdown in communication somewhere down the line. The maintenance guys were out with their blowers in the parking lot around 7 AM, which can be an annoyance to many guests.
My co-pilot had a room facing the highway. He said the road noise was noticeable. I didn't have any complaints from the parking lot side of the hotel.
Even with the problems associated with the last stay, I still give the place good marks. It is a good value, and it was much nicer and much cheaper than the Courtyard in Fresno.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The location for this hotel was perfect--right off the highway--and we used this as an overnight before getting in to the Sierras. Clean, comfortable, and spacious for 2. Breakfast was fine, and included hot and cold items. Priced just right for the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I don't have a lot of time on my hands to expand on my thoughts, but I stayed here twice in June and was very pleased. The room was large, with a great layout including a frosted sliding window between the large desk area in the living room and the bedroom, with the large-screen flat screen TV visible from both rooms.

The hotel opened this year, so everything's so new and clean.

The breakfast area is nice, and every day there was sausage, bacon, or both, and there were what appeared to be microwaved "fried" eggs that were a little too overcooked and rubbery for my taste, but I ate them most mornings anyway. They also had a good selection of cereals, juices, rolls, bread, oatmeal, and waffles with powdered sugar, even.

It had free high speed internet in the room, a computer downstairs with a printer that actually works great, a pool and fitness room of course.

Finally, the Black Bear Restaurant (a chain, I'm told) next door is good, although their portions are somewhat large.

I'll always stay here when staying in the City of Madera!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark

Been to SpringHill Suites Madera? Share your experiences!