“This place blew my mind!”
Review of The Getty Villa

Ranked #1 of 53 things to do in Malibu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Special Holiday Hours: Sunday, December 25, 2016 - Getty Villa will be closed Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - Getty Villa will be open from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sunday, January 1, 2017 - Getty Villa will be closed Tuesday, January 3, 2017 - Getty Villa will be open from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM This museum is dedicated to the art of the ancient Greeks, Romans and other classic civilizations.
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

All I saw was beautiful gardens, amazing statues, incredible architecture and sweet people. I took my family, and we enjoyed everything. I had never seen statues in my life until I came to The Getty Villa. One thing that amazed me was "the pool," not sure what it's called but it was so beautiful. Definitely coming back AGAIN.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We arrived at the Getty Villa a few minutes before ten a.m. Admission is free, but you must make an online reservation. Parking is $15. There is a large parking garage with an elevator with excellent signage.
There are so many beautiful, interesting and informative things to see here. I suggest doing the garden tour first thing before it gets too hot. The architecture tour is amazing too. You go to the meeting place and get in line for your audio ear piece - an excellent way to hear the docent.
The last tour we did was the highlights of the collection. Apparently each docent has their favorites to describe and show you. Both our tour docents were articulate and very knowledgable about the subject matter.
We also saw on our own the Cyrus Cylinder which was breathtaking in its history and importance.
There is a cafe and a coffee kiosk if you spent more than a few hours at the Getty. It is not inexpensive and the menu is limited although what we had was good. The gift shop has some high quality items.
It's a vacation from your vacation!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

You can book a free admission online at the website, there is no fee, but there is a $15 parking fee which you can also use at the Getty. If you want to see both, I would see the Getty in morning which has a modern architecture and houses modern art and the Getty Villa in the afternoon which houses Greek and Roman art. The Villa is a replica of a Roman villa. I would save the details for the volunteer docents who can tell you more about the villa during the tours. Both Getty and Getty Villa not only have interesting art, but also have amazing grounds.

1  Thank nadarien
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Splendid art, gardens, and antiquities! Plus a lovely restaurant to boot. Just being there feels like one has been transported in time. A perfect way to spend a day!

1  Thank TheOneandMore
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Getty Villa is worth visiting just to experience the architecture and dream about living there. The ocean views are breathtaking and the cafe is delicious. Whenever we have out of town guests, I take them to the Getty Villa and I always notice some fascinating detail each time. The cafe is delicious and admission is free. Parking is $15 and I guarantee there is no place to park other than the parking lot!

2  Thank JeneferOSEA