Once again, we had an amazing stay at the Malibu Beach Inn. I continue to love the design of this hotel. The queen oceanfront rooms are beautiful, cozy, and inviting, and the small public spaces are breathtaking.
While I adore the beauty and comfort of the rooms, what sets this hotel apart from others in the Santa Monica/Malibu area is the consistent excellence of the service. We were greeted warmly from the moment we arrived, and made to feel welcome over and over again. The valet/bell desk attendants are friendly and efficient. The front desk staff treated us as returning family members, and went out of their way to attend to our special requests. They were relentlessly cordial, friendly, and helpful. In addition, this hotel has a fantastic guest relations manager - Krista Kim - who greeted us by name and warmly welcomed us back.
We had oceanfront connecting rooms which were always exactingly clean and lovingly cared for. The food at the Malibu Beach inn, in the restaurant as well as through room service, was top notch. (Nicholas Eckerman, Director of Food and Beverage for the hotel personally delivered our order one evening). Cocktails in the bar are handmade and deftly poured. We had a breakfast and dinner from room service, dinner with a guest in the restaurant, and breakfast for five on the terrace one morning. In each case, the service was spot on, and the food was beautifully prepared and served.
This is easily my favorite hotel in Southern California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast