What a nice night we had here! You couldn’t find a more gorgeous outlook. At dusk and dawn, rosy light played on the sand and waves, and took our breath away. Yes, if you open your door, you hear the Pacific Coast Highway, but why would you open you door? We left the glass door to our balcony open so we could hear surf crashing on the beach and let fresh sea air fill the room. Looking down the beach to Santa Monica and L.A., you could clearly see skyscrapers piercing charcoal clouds that blanket the city.
The rooms are comfortable and stylish. We thought they were quite large. There’s a big sofa for lounging and a comfortable chair with an ottoman. There’s plenty of room to unpack your things. Since we were there for just one night, I didn’t plan on unpacking, and had to beg and plead for a luggage stand. I felt like a real nag, but one was finally delivered. I wanted to save the furniture for my husband and me, not cover it up with my grubby luggage.
We had a delicious lunch on the terrace overlooking the beach. The service, charming but bumbling, was forgivable in such idyllic surroundings. Everyone was very friendly, and seemed to genuinely care whether we were happy or not. I couldn’t get my internet working in the room but found the free wireless in the lobby even better.
This stay was sandwiched in between hotels in Beverly Hills (The Mosaic) and Santa Monica (Shutters). It was the lowest price of all three hotels, and definitely the best buy. Our lunch and breakfast were not great values, in spite of being quite good, but I would highly recommend an overnight (or more) here as part of any L.A. journey. It’s fun to experience a tiny bit of fabled, laid-back Malibu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast