I live only 30 minutes away from the Malibu Beach Inn and frequent the place for lunch or dinner.
My stay, albeit short, was very nice. The Inn makes for an outstanding few-day escape. The hotel is directly off of the PCH, but we barely noticed the traffic from the beach or restaurant and certainly not from our room.
Being someone who spends very little time in my room on trips, room size is of little importance to me. Room layout, however, I feel is important. The rooms at the Inn are plenty big if you've traveled to Europe. I thought the layout was perfect. We could look out the window onto the ocean from our bed and we're greeted with a stunning sunrise each morning.
The beach isn't private but it's nice to have personal service at a cost - roughly 15% is automatically included in the bill.
The Carbon Beach Club (the restaurant on the property) is outstanding. When we dined at night the tide was high enough that the waves touched underneath the deck.
I feel that the Inn would be limited for extended stays though. The property is tiny which definitely helps them maintain the amazing quality they do, but this is at the expense of a fitness center and a pool. If you're not an ocean person, you may have a hard time finding refreshment from the California heat.
The location is incredible, but for an extended California stay, it's not an ideal launching-off point if you don't have a car. You're fairly limited in where you can walk. If you do have a car and have to park it there each night, the cost will add-up.
Overall - the Malibu Beach Inn is an amazing experience for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast
- Beach Inn Malibu