We booked accomodations at the Malibu Beach Inn because we wanted to be a short dirve away from the seminar we were to attend at Pepperdine University. When we went into the inn to the reception area to register, we were left standing there waiting while a gentleman complained about problems with his reservation and the price he was paying. Finally someone else came to the front desk to register us. We were taken to our room by a very polite young lady and she showed us the features of the room which was a nice touch. The partial ocean view was marginal because you overlooked a parking in back of portable buildings which I assume were part of the hotel. It was very unattractive. Next, the "free" internet did not work. When I called the front desk , the person who answered the phone gave me a toll-free number to call, but was not able to answer any of my simple questions. I can see the need for tech support, but someone answering the phones should have some general knowledge of the internet set-up in the hotel in which they work. The rooms are very nicely furnished and decorated, but on the small side. There is a patio and glass sliding doors, but no screens. The air-conditioner made a very loud buzzing sound and vibrated our ceiling to such a point that we turned it off. When we went downstairs to have a quick snack on the patio overlooking the ocean, no one came to give us menus nor to take our order even though two restaurant employees walked right by our table and looked right at us. All that they would have had to say was "I'll be right with you" or something pleasant to that same effect. We just got up and left. Lastly, the Pacific Coast Hwy which runs in front of the hotel is very busy and impossible to cross. The neighborhood is totally run-down with many vacant, decaying buildings and weed-filled parking lots. I could not believe that this was Malibu and that I was paying over $490/night for a room in this seedy area with only a beach and ocean to its credit. I would be very ashamed to live here. I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast