My family and I were in Malibu fo a wedidng in the hills. Personally I'm not a fan of over priced hotels, but if you know Malibu at all you know that there are not many hotels in the area. Lots of rentals for vacation but very few hotels.
For a couple,this would be a nice plce but extremly overpriced. For a family of five, horrible!!!! When I'm already spending 600 a night to stay there for three nights, the least you could do is not charge me 3 bucks for a 16 oz water.
Still, being the only hotel in the area, the cleanliness is top notch. The service at the hotel was second to known (in that area). The beach was minimal, very cramped on sat morning. The hotel only has about 100yds af beach front that is the before the public land starts. Its not the place to look for private time on the beach. Its more for romantic night with the wife listening to the waves on the balcony.
The rooms were basic, nothing great! Again, in my opinion for 600 a night my kids should at least have one childrens channel on the cable versus me having to pay 9.99 A DAY for a set of shows they can only watch until the clock strikes 12
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast