If you have cash to burn and have some odd reason to stay in Malibu (an overrated place that sees its overly fair share of natural disasters each month) than this hotel is for you. When service is seamless and genuine, you understand that the money you are spending was invested in locating individuals with talent in the hospitality market; when service is flat out non existent as it is in this hotel, you can only think that:
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.
The renovation was a dismal attempt at justifying high rates with lousy non english speaking staff.
If you are in Los Angeles, the ONLY luxury hotel that I can recommend is the Peninsula Beverly Hills. DO NOT let any of those Santa Monica Hotels trick you into staying their either. Stay in luxury and drive to the beach if water is what you really are interested in seeing. Skip the coastal experience.... it stinks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast
- Beach Inn Malibu