This is a tough review....I absolutely LOVE Malibu, I'll never get tired of it & I'll always give Malibu a 5 star review....just call me Malibu Barbie ;)
The Malibu Beach Inn however gets more of a 3 star review. There's so much to love about the hotel, the rooms are right on the ocean which you can't beat & they have a fire place which is definitely a nice touch. The food is out of this world....clean & fresh with all sorts of vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options but honestly that's everywhere in Malibu.
What gets me is that my husband & I are on a 2 week getaway in California & have been staying at some seriously nice places....this place is well over $600 a night....& really is just ok. Now I get we're in Malibu & everything's expensive & it's not supposed to be fancy (think more "Cali beach vibe") but still, the rooms are small & just average. The real draw is the view which is no doubt amazing! The real problem however is that the service is nonexistent, which to me, there is just no excuse for when you're paying top dollar for a hotel. Service is everything. We call down for our car to be brought around & 15 minutes later there's no car & the valet doesn't remember us ever calling....ok no prob, it happens, moving on.....we stop by the front desk & ask them to have our room serviced as it never was & we're heading out to dinner & they reply "no problem" but we get back & it's still a mess. We call down for extra coffee pods for the coffee machine & we get another "no problem" but no coffee is ever to be found. Just doesn't seem right for what you're paying. Bottom line, I'm loving my stay in Malibu & I can't promise I won't be back to the Malibu Beach Inn but I will definitely see what else is out there before booking a room here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast
- Beach Inn Malibu