I reviewed this hotel a year ago and at that time I thought the place was nice but definitely over-priced and did not deliver the service expected for the price charged. Now that our son is at Pepperdine we have found other places to stay but this trip was at the last minute and this was the only nearby hotel we could get into. Also the hotel was offering a special discounted room rate so we thought we would give it another try. We were pleasantly surprised. They have really improved the customer service. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are really very nice with beautiful views of the ocean. We didn't eat in the restaurant because the reviews in this area are not great and we already have some favourite restaurants nearby. So, my new opinon of the hotel is that for $350/night it was worth it for the lovely room and view as that was all we wanted. We just needed a nice place to sleep as our days were filled watching sports at Pepperdine. I still wouldn't pay the usual $600+/night because there just isn't anything here to make it worth it. There is no pool, fitness centre, etc and it's a hotel with outdoor corridors right on the PCH, not a luxury resort. You still have to valet park and it seems ridiculous to have to pay to park your car 30 ft away but I suspect that is because the parking lot is so small and cars are coming in and out of the PCH quite quickly. The one bad thing that happened during our stay was when the valets lost our car keys and it took about 1/2 hr for them to find them. They were very apologetic but of course it happened when we were in a hurry to get somewhere.
So, although I say I WOULD recommend this hotel to a friend, I would only recommend it at the right price. It is a nice hotel but there's a limit to what I'm willing to pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast