Fantastic location right on the beach - the full ocean view rooms are feet from the ocean! The hotel is motel - style (ie.you enter your room from the open air) but right behind the hotel is the Pacific Coast Highway which is noisy during the day. The room was well appointed with a gas fire and a private patio directly facing the ocean. The public areas were very limited...if you want a drink outside of the restaurant you have to sit in the small lobby/reception area as there is no bar as such. The restaurant has a lovely open air patio with a firepit and the food was good even if the menu was limited.There is no access to a computer for checking emails apart from a complicated handheld device which wasn't always available. The hotel has not made enough of the beach setting. You can get a sunbed and food/drinks served but there isn't even anywhere to wash sand off your feet ....they could make much more of a feature of this area. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance. I think this hotel is best for couples or groups as opposed to solo travellers unless you are seeking solitude. This has to be the best hotel in Malibu and is overpriced for that reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast