“a good option for a really expensive area”
Review of Malibu Country Inn

Malibu Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Malibu B&B and Inns
Zaragoza, Spain
“a good option for a really expensive area”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

These hotel is located in a very beautiful area of Malibu.

The rooms are quite big and in my case a terrace was available, too. The bed was a large one and the service at the reception very nice.

However, it seems to be a common place for couples, sometime very noisy !

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tapatio1995

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cape Cod, Ma
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have to say the service at the Malibu Country Inn is better than many 5 star hotels, they truly care about your experience. The GM Ivy goes above and beyond! Very convenient to Zuma beach and Malibu in general.

Thank-you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lafayette, CO
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a lovely place to stay in Malibu. Our room was very clean and quaint. The service was excellent. We stopped in to the main office to request some extra conditioner and some waters, and the person at the front desk offered to deliver it all to our room while we were out to dinner. The room had a beautiful view, and we took full advantage of the hot tub on the patio. The location is great - it's an easy walk to the beach, there are several good restaurants around, and it's an easy drive to Pepperdine, which is why we were staying there. We ate at the restaurant that is right next door, Kristy's, and had an excellent meal there. All in all, this was a wonderful little place to stay. Also to note: follow the signs to Kristy's. We never did see a sign for the hotel from the street, so we drove right past it the first time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

we stayed in the suite above the front desk, very quiet and the patio was very large, had a lovely view of the sunset and was relatively quiet for being so close to the PCH. staff was helpful and room was very clean.

Room Tip: choose the ocean view room. the others don't look as nice like the garden view rooms, they have...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank noelle m
CARROLL
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This charming property was a referral. I wanted to pass along the favor. I traveled last minute to Malibu from Iowa and I must say that our experience was worth sharing. More than the quaint rooms it was Ivy and the staff that I want to rave about. They anticipated and provided for our every need. They went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations. We will be seeing you again! Thanks

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LYNDA D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Ok, bare in mind this is not the ritz, but it's a very nice small hotel in Malibu.
I stayed in the renovated rooms (thanks again the Malibu inn for the upgrade) which was very nice, wooden floors, good bathroom and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, large balcony (which I did not enjoy much as I was there only for 2 nights and the 1st day I arrived late), there is also a nice pool which I did not use, also did not use the restaurant at all, I preferred to go for breakfast in the starbucks down the road in the PCHW.
The staff was great, not that I needed much, but everyone was friendly.
The hotel is near a nice sushi place, 3 miles from Goffreys, 7 from Nobu (my choice of dinner on my second night).
There is not much action in Malibu, which suited me fine as I flew from europe and had a jetlag, so 2 early nights were what I needed and the hotel was quiet...
Yes, the parking is small, but THERE IS PARKING and it's free! I am not the greatest of the drivers and managed to park my car fine, even manover in the end of the parking lot, if you have a SUV them is a bit more problematic but a normal size car anyone car park if I managed you will too.
It's kind of walking distance to the beach...but I took the car...the weather was not that warm, so I just went there for the sunset...which was amazing.
I would sure stay in the Malibu inn again if I want to stay in Malibu...if you get the renovated room you will be as happy as I was...it's really cute.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank manderson171
Corona del Mar, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed last Saturday 1/25/2014. Stephanie at the front desk was great and very helpful. The room was average. This was not worth paying more than 130.00-150.00. We arrived late in the day and would have gone to another Hotel if time permitted. It doesn t have a beach view and is in the mist of a large sepetic tant rebuild. The front desk was helpful, that was the high point. If you can pay 130-150.00 then this is the place!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Curtis R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Malibu
Santa Monica
Shore Hotel
Shore Hotel
#2 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Malibu Country Inn? Share your experiences!