“Beachfront Gem”

Carbon Beach Club Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Cross Creek Rd.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

11 friends went for dinner on the patio overlooking the ocean to celebrate one couple's 40th Wedding Anniversary. The setting was magnificent with not just the view but the sound of the water crashing against the rocks.

The food offerings were varied -- something for everyone -- and everyone enjoyed their meal. Within our group we have one couple who typically have a problem and send food back -- surprisingly this didn't happen. There were no complaints.

The service, while not the best I've ever experienced, was adequate. The restaurant is rather small so despite the less than stellar service, we never felt ignored.

While not inexpensive, it was also not unreasonably priced.

A definite place to visit again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Walked in at 5:30 pm to an almost empty restaurant. Hostess glanced at me, said, "Hold on a minute" and walked over to 4 other members of the wait staff. Nothing. 2 minutes. Still nothing. Finally, one of the staff noticed I was waiting and after discerning I was neither staying at the motel nor had a reservation, told me I had to sit inside. Remember, the place was EMPTY.

I was seated in the "south wing," 8 tables empty and then me. The whole meal, the entire wing stayed empty.

First, the maitre d' watched while I struggled to pull out the heavy arm chair. Then he waited while I scooted myself in several times. What happened to helping a lady? Or helping anyone?After I ordered a margarita and a wedge salad, the salad arrived first. How could the kitchen be faster than the bar? Five minutes into eating, the drink arrived. Just as I was finishing the salad, a busboy came over with bread and asked if I wanted a piece. Better late than never.

Again, with 5 extremely loud wait staff members talking at one end of the room, I tried to get someone's attention to get the bill. Took a minute.

Overall, extremely disappointing experience despite an adequate salad. There are better places to go to get an ocean view, good food and actual decent service. Geoffrey's or even Moonshadows comes to mind.

1  Thank Discerning12385
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place is one of the best restaurant in Malibu! Cuisine and service is so nice ,I will be back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Wow this place had great service and a great menu to pick from. Our waiter really was quick and made sure we were well taken care of. We will be back

1  Thank Tommy L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Business dinner at sunset was a huge treat, outdoor seating right above the ocean at high tide. Food was delicious- fresh NoCal oysters, heirloom tomato salad, tenderloin steak, rosemary fingerling potatoes. Paired up with a Summerland Santa Barbara County Caberenet, and all is right with the world.
Service was pleasant but slow- in this instance, it was only a minor sticking point, and was eclipsed in comparison to stellar food in an amazing location.

Last seating is at 9pm, and reservations are suggested to insure you get the seating you desire.

5  Thank YaleDad